Chapter 3

Steve and I stand in a hospital room looking at fiery' s lifeless body Natasha is standing next to him her arms across her chest I do the same. Agent hill walks in standing next to us "I need to take him" She stated quietly I nod walking up to Nat and rubbing her forearms "Natasha" I whispered Nat places her hand on his forehead then walks away. I follow her "Natasha?" Steve stated she stops and turns to us quickly "why was fiery in your apartment?" She asked "I don't know" he replied but gets cut off. " Rogers, Barnes?" agent Rumlow comes up to us. We turn to him "they want you back at S.H.I.E.L.D" he stated "okay, give us a sec" Steve replied "now" he demanded my eyes widened, he shouldn't be giving orders like that. "you're a terrible liar" Nat walks away, she's not wrong. I look at him Steve turns to an open vending machine I frown, oh what is he up to now, as a man replaces the snacks Steve places the flash drive in it before he closes it then we walk away to agent Rumlow "let's go" Steve stated and we walk out of the hospital "strict march out!".

     We get back to headquarters Steve changed into his suit same as me. We walk up to a man the agent from before walks past "Captain Rogers" She greets "Neighbor" I smirk at his comment, ha well that's awkward. "uh, Captains I'm Alexander pierce" he stated shaking Steve's hand "I wasn't a captain that was my husband" I commented  I don't take his hand, this man doesn't feel right to me, I nod and give him a fake smile. "Well you still saved a bunch of people" he stated "sit it's an honor" Steve replied frowning at me "no pleasures all mine captain my father served in outer first, come on" we follow him "I don't feel right about him, Steven" I whispered to him "Everything's going to be okay I promise". I sit down and adjust my shorts pierce hands us pictures "that were taken five years after we first met when I was in the state department in Dow off leaned rebules tall Embase security but the rebel took hostesses Nick was deeply cheirf for S.H.I.E.L.D station and he comes to me with a plan" he walks over us with a file "he wanted to storm the building in the sowers and I said 'No' we negotiate turned out the ELA didn't negotiate and the fled out a kill order and they stormed the basement and what did they find... they found nothing". 

   Mr. Pierce set the file on the coffee table in front of us Steve finally sits. "Nick had ignored my direct order and carried out an authorized military oberiason form Sogol he saved a thousand lives of a principally officers including my daughter" Alex stated "so you gave him a promotion," I asked he looks at me. "I never had a precast of regret...Captain why was Nick in your apartment last night?" Pierce asked Steve and I stare at him "I don't know" he replied looking at the pictures of fiery "did you know it was bugged?" He asked "I did cause Nick told me" Steve looked back at him "did you know he was the one who bugged it" Alex stated Steve stayed silent. "I want you to see something" he taps the pad next to him and then a screen pops up a bald man is visible in hand cuffs.

   "Is that live?" I asked "yeah they picked him up last night in a not-so-safe house in Algiers" Alex explained. "are you saying he's a suspect?" Steve asked "Nah it's more complicated than that, that talk is from an anonymous to attack the Armenian star he was connected by email and paid by wire transfer and then the money ran through seventeen a dicshis accounts a last going to a holding company regular to a Jacob peach" Alex hands Steve another file and opens it. "and you think we know who that is?" I asked "not likely, peach died six years ago his last address has 1435 emers driver when I first met nick his mother lived in 1437" pierce explains "Are you explaining that fiery hired the pirates...why?" Steve asked "the pro land theories were that the passion and sale were classified intelligence sales went sour to nicks death" he replied.  "if you really knew nick fiery that's not true" Alex nods his head "why do you think we're talking" he stated getting up and we follow. 

   "That's why I took a set on the control not cause I wanted to cause nick asked me to because we were both realists" he walks up to the window and leans against it. "we knew all diplomacy in the hand shacking Reddick to build a better world sometimes having the old one down" he looks back at us "and that makes enemies" he walks over to us "those people that call you dirty because you get the guts to stick your hands in the mud try to build something better any idea that those people can be happy today? Ha it makes me really really angry...captains you're the last ones to see nick alive I don't think that was an accident and I don't think you do either...so I'm going to ask again, why was he there?" Alex asked "he told us not to trust anyone" I replied. "I wonder if that includes him" he stated  "I'm sorry those were his last words...excuses us" Steve replied getting our stuff.  "captains someone murdered my friend and I'm going to find out why anyone that gets in my way they're going to regret it" we stop to look at him "anyone" Alex continued. Steve and I nod "understood" then we walk out I look at him with the corner of my eye one last time but he doesn't take notice Alex is glaring at us my heart rate races when we get to the elevator we wait "Elizabeth, I think your right something about him is not right" I look up at him and nodding I take a deep breath then let it out the elevator doors open and we step in.