2.Flat back and crack

That is how the traffic looks at the demerara harbour bridge on a daily basis

"Rhea, get up girl!", I jolted from my sleep by the sound of my mothers loud voice.

I pulled my tired body from under my warm covers and into the cold, crisp air that you get everyday at this early time. But I was now accustomed to it because I was doing it for atleast five years.

I grabbed my towel and walked to my bathroom where i took a quick shower. I dried myself off walking back to my room where my uniform was already pressed neatly waiting to be put on.

Grabbing the uniform putting it on slowly as possible because I have a tendency to dirty my clothes. I walked to the half body mirror deciding to pull my hair into two cute ponytail.

Tying my two ribbons on each ponytail, putting my socks and shoes on with a tired sigh. I grabbed my back pack and phone rushing into the kitchen where mommy was already packing the lunches.

"Mommy my legs ache", I whined as I sat on a stool in the kitchen. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and then I watched an ugly scowl settled on her light brown lips.

"You always with these lies, is that your petty excuse to not go to school", I felt my heart drops at her word, I was always the most dislike daughter for as long as I was borned.

"Not because I said I'm tired means i dont want to go to school, i was just saying my leg aches because of all the bloody walking i have to do on a daily basis and you nor the others don't even seem to care", the only thing I felt was the pain piercing my skin as I held my cheeks looking at her in disbelief.

"That is exactly what I'm talking about", Grabbing my bowl putting in its desire pocket. Rubbing my cheeks furiously as i ran out the door and onto the road where i stand impatiently and wait on the arrival of a mini bus. I can't believe she hit me for talking the truth but what is new.

Checking my watch for the fifth time I realised it was already 7:00, that only meant one thing and that was the harbour bridge was opened for the passing of cargo carrying boats.

With a tired sigh I crossed the road, putting my left hand out to stop a public working car. As I get into the backseat of the car. Pulling my iphone out as I plugged my earphones in.

Looking out the window as the car moved slowly in the built up traffic at the demerara harbour bridge. Looking at my watch that was just rushing the time away from me. I notcied it was 7:15 already and I wasn't even halfway near the boat stelling.

Opening my wattpad account I browsed through my library and my eyes caught sight on a book called 'reckless love' I absolutely loved this book and without a doubt I opened it. I have read this book countless times although it was still in work.

The driver pulled me out of my book as he spoke. "Are you going to the stelling?", I looked to him with a polite smile as he eyes me warily. "Yes", he nodded and turned back to the moving traffic on the Vreed-en-hoop public road.

As the car stoped at the stelling i look out my $120 and paid him. Walking in the midst of the crowd I found myself seated in a boat clasping the buckle on my neon orange life jacket.

Placing my bag in front of me stuffing my phone all the way to the bottom of my bag because in the stabroke area where boats dock were known for crooks and thieves.

Pulling out a $100 bill I paid the bowman as I stepped on the huge steps that were lodged in the water. Carefully walking up the stairs trying not to slip and fall in the deepest river Guyana has.

Guyana had three main rivers and they were:
1.The Essequibo river aka the largest river in Guyana.
2. The demerara river aka the deepest river in Guyana.
3. The berbice river aka the river of untold secrets