Chapter 14 Jordi//Lily//Jordi

Jordi;

After Lilly slapped me and I rolled back to my room, Doctor McAndrew came in and now he's questioning me about my mom.

"So you did grow up with her?" he asks.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I grew up all right," I say. "Spent my 5th birthday in a casino. My 6th in a cocktail lounge in Reno. That woman is not capable of being a mother. Any hot meal I had, I made for myself, if she remembered to bring me anything. She was on a real strict liquid diet."

"You have every right to be upset, but whether you like it or not, she's your mom. You need her support, so I suggest the both of you put the past behind you and work it out," he says.

"And what if I don't want to work it out?" I ask.

"Then you don't get treatment," McAndrew says, standing up. "I'll give you some time. Looks like there's someone here to see you anyways."

The doctor leaves the room and Lilly's head peeks around the corner. She looks so angry.

"I'm not staying. I just came by to say that I'm sorry for slapping you," she says, her voice raspy.

"Lilly, I'm sorry for lying to you guys," I say as she turns away.

Without even turning to face me, she replies, "I know, but the damage you've caused today will never go away. See you."

Lilly walks away. She's right. The damage I've done today will always be there and I will always regret it.

Lilly;

I got a text from Dash earlier, telling me to meet up in Emma's room to talk about something. I have no doubt that it's about Jordi and his lie.

When I reach Emma's room, I hear Dash talking about how Jordi is a "Ponzi-scheming decepticon."

"Listen. As much as I'm mad with Jordi, I'm sure he had a reason for lying to us. And don't worry, I slapped him," I interject as I walk in and sit down on Emma's couch by the big window.

"Thank you for doing that," Dash says.

"You've got a point, Lilly. Think about how tragic it is. How awful must Jordi's home life be for him to feel the need to lie about something like this? And can you imagine how mortified he must be now that everyone knows the truth?" Emma says. I smile at her; at least she's sympathetic.

"Dude, they're right. He must be feeling pretty bad right now," Leo says, to which Dash groans in response.

"One of us should go talk to him, make sure everything's okay. I'll do it," Emma volunteers, standing up. I'd tell her not to, but I've already visited him. It's her turn to try and make peace.

"How could you stand up for that scumbag, Lilly? For God's sake, you were right there when his mom walked in!" Dash says.

I stand up and glare at him.

"Emma made a perfectly valid point, Dash. Jordi's home life must be terrible if he had to lie about his mom being dead. I would do the same thing. Put yourself in hisshoes," I scold. "I'll see you both later."

Jordi;

I've managed to move myself over to the couch by Leo's bed, along with my guitar, which I'm playing when Mom walks in.

"Jordi? Is this a good time?" she asks.

I stop playing and rest the guitar on my knees. "No."

"Please. We need to talk. I'm so nervous," she says, sitting down.