Prologue

Halos isang oras ko na pinagmamasdan ang itsura ko sa salamin. I will never get tired seeing this face of mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a narcissists. There's just something in my face that I like seeing, 'cause it helps me to see someone I can't see.

I smiled.

I am wearing a blue plain t-shirt and a jeans, partnered with a snicker. I'm always comfortable wearing this, I feel free and confident, because whenever I wear skirts or dresses, my insecurities kicks in. My parents always tell me that I'm perfectly imperfect, that it is okay to feel insecure sometimes, because it shows that I'm humble and not perfect, that makes me, me.

"Marjorie! Hurry up!" tawag sakin ni papa from downstairs.

"Yes papa! Pababa na po!" I yelled back.

I love my parents so much. Especially my papa, he takes good care of me and treat me like how I wanted to be. Ayoko kasi na tinatrato akong baby, because I don't wanna feel weak and dependent, just like my mama.

Pagbaba ko ng hagdan, nakita ko si papa na naka-upo sa sofa, holding a book while smiling.

"Papa, I am ready" he faced me as soon as he heard me.

"You look lovelier than yesterday" he joked.

"Well, true..." And we both laugh. Love this old man.

I took the book from his hand and smiled at him, and he smiled back. This just made my day.

Then a woman approached papa. She hugged and kissed him on his cheeks. I smiled from the scene that I'm seeing.

She took my hand, and my papa's hand. Then we went out.

While inside papa's car, I continued holding this book. Laging hawak 'to ni papa whenever he had a chance. He used to read this to me before going to sleep. And I love the way he look at the book whenever he read the first page of it.

My mind drifted when he suddenly spoke.

"How was school Marj?" Papa asked, while looking at the rear mirror. His eyes were seem worried.

He's always worried.

I chuckled from his reaction. "I'm fine papa, you don't have to worry. School is fun! I have my friends and they're nice" I answered, making sure he shouldn't be worried.

Because he's always worried.

He laughed "Okay, I believe you. But if anything goes wrong, alam mo na ang gagawin." he's still worried, I sighed from the thought.

I smiled and nodded as a respond and he looked contented from my answer.

Binaling ko ang tingin ko sa librong hawak ko. Tutal wala naman akong ginagawa, maybe I can read some of the pages.

The cover of the book reminds me of like a fairytale book. That's why I like it!

As I flip the cover, I immediately saw a written message;

For him and her

I didn't saw this before, I have seen this book for a hundred times, but this is the first time I saw this message.

Weird.

I flipped the page and went straight to chapter one-

•••••

I hope you guys enjoy this story♡