Chapter 4: The Girl

*Present (3025)*

(Jonh Weinston's POV)

It's been years since the accident happened, and Tatay Manuel still stayed with us. I tried to refuse him because it would be dangerous, but I can bear seeing him begging so we didn't had a choice.

Gusto ng magulang ko na pagpahingahin na si Tay Manuel pero ayaw talaga ng matanda.

"I saw your registration form Jonh. Are you sure about this?" Mom asked as she picked the paper up and read the informations written on it.

I nodded while I place the mats and plates on the table. She asked me to help her, so I must obliged. "Yeah, I need to. I can't hide behind your back forever Mom. And things are rapidly changing, so I should too" I replied with a smile on my face.

After everything that had happened, pakiramdam ko malaki ang nagbago sa 'kin. How I wish I can still be the old me, but I can't. I became more careful and conscious. I still can't think of reasons why did that accident happened. Kung may gusto bang pumatay sa 'kin o sa mga magulang ko. And what also confuses me is that after the accident, there were crimes and murder  happening up until now. I can't fucking see the connection at all.

"We should respect his decision Love. And your son is right, he can't be with us for too long. He will have his own life and his own family someday." Dad suddenly spoke as he put his arm around Mom's waist.

Even though her cheeks were blushing, she still went to argue. "What? He's too young for that Kiro, he's just 23!"

"I know, but we were also young back then. And there are just things that we can't stop from happening, even if we really wanted to." Kahit na nakangiti si Dad, I can still see sadness in his eyes. Dahilan para matigilan ang nanay ko, at piniling manahimik nalang.

What was that?

I chose not to asked what was the problem. I'm just gonna enter the academy, why do they have to be this emotional?

Dad noticed Mom's sudden silence, I saw how his arm's grip tightened. There's something between them right now. I can feel the atmosphere beaing swallowed by silence. But then, he just kissed the top of her head then looked at me.

"You should prepare your things son. Tomorrow's your first day." He chuckled as he said those words. And I nodded and smiled back.

This is the first time I saw them being like that. And I didn't want to pry, so I went upstairs to prepare my things and have a rest.

Why is it making me feel uneasy?

I folded and put the paper inside my pocket. The academy seems a little odd. It feels ancient and yet looked modern.

Biglang napataas ang kilay ko nang makita ang lahat ng studyante na papaakyat ng hagdan.

I think I should follow them?

And so I did.

Nang makarating kami ay agad na nag usap-usap ang mga estudyante, dahilan para umingay sa loob ng control room. Napakalawak nito at walang ibang makikita kundi puti.

Habang palinga-nga ay, 'di ko maiwansan na mapatigil sa nag-iisang babaeng kulay puti ang buhok. Mahaba ang mga ito na abot hanggang beywang. Gusto ko sana makita ang mukha niya kaso naka talikod siya sa 'kin.

"Students. Please pay attention"

Biglang nanahimik ang mga estudyante at nagsi-tinginan sa nagsasalita.

"Good Day students. My name is Ms. Roselle Cruz, and I will be your supervisor for today."

I looked at the speaker, but as soon as my eyes look for the white hair girl again. She wasn't on her place anymore.

Where is she?

I don't know why I'm so eager to see her. Maybe because of her hair? I don't know, but I really wanted to see her, my mind tells me so.

I tried to look for her.

Where the fuck are you? It should be easy to spot you because of you hair.

'Di ko namalayan na tapos na pala magsalita 'yong speaker and yet I still can't see her. Bigla naman nagsilakad ang mga estudyante, dahilan para mapalakad din ako. I don't have any idea what's going on so I tried to tap the girl's shoulder who is in front of me to ask her, she then immediately looked at her back. And when she saw me, she began moving her eyes like she's looking at my face intently. It makes me conscious.

Is there wrong with my face?

I didn't want to be rude that's why I just cleared my voice and asked her " Uh, hi? Uh- I just wanna know if where are we heading to?" I tried to sound as nice as possible, I don't want to freak this girl out since I was the one asking.

She blinked twice before smiling. Sweetly.

Women

"Oh, hi! The speaker told us to go inside that chamber" She pointed the only black door on the right side of the control room. Then she looked at me again " My name's Leira by the way." And this time she was grinning. Because I don't wanna be rude, I tried to smile back at her. She looked at me for seconds then her cheeks began to blush.

What's with women always blushing?

I just ignored what I saw and continued walking until we reach the said chamber. It was all white and bigger than the control room. It was wide and there are only chairs inside. When everyone got inside, we uniformly took our seats. The door closed and a man made his way to the front.

He just stood there and looked at us with an intense eyes. Like he was remembering all of our faces. Then he spoke " Greetings everyone. My name is Robert Calahan, and I'm here to evaluate your performance for today. Consider this test as just a trial, I know that you haven't been using your powers since the day you were born. And I'm not expecting that you will do well in this test. Rest assured that your safety will be our priority. So just do your best and show me what you can do." His deep voice made everyone felt intimidated. He looked at us once again, and I notice that he's eyes stopped moving, like he was staring at someone.

Sinundan ko ang paningin niya at napakunot ako ng noo nang makita kong sino 'yon. Kahit na hindi ko makita ang mukha niya dahil nasa dulong kanang harapan ko siya, my mind remembered her hair clearly.

White hair girl. And It looks like I'm not the only one who's interested in her.

••••••
Profile:

Name:
Lieutenant General Robert Calahan

Age:
66 years old (Noman's Timeline)
33 years old (Asyeth's Timeline)

Ability:
Precognition (Asyeth)
☆ Can have vision in future events. He can clearly see and remember every single detail,and make judgement depending on what was seen.

Level: Superior Level
Attack: 80% out of 100%
Defense: 40% out of 100%

Status:
A lieutenant general in a military and the second in command of A.S.L Troupe.

•••••