Chapter 34: Cursor Races again

With the end of the Great Agreement era and sustained efforts of the community of Shaan whole nature came back to Spring. Ryan's house was back to spring. It seems not only nature out of his house and even the bricks and mortar are celebrating the victory of humans over the aliens and anti-cursor. Green trees of the garden with tender grass welcomed birds. Birds instead decided to thank the grass with their beat using the tree branches as a stand. The time tested law of nature of interdependence and symbiosis among different species sung into action again.

Ryan entered into his home with his black backpack rings the bell. Megan opened the door and hugs him. Ryan walked inside with heavy steps as if his feets wanted to go back but his body wanted to move forward. Dodgi jumped on him and just caught him unaware.

'Ryan change your clothes and let's have coffee together.'

Megan was feeling as fresh as she could have been. 'Oye little Champ, how do you do.' Dodgi cuddled with him as he wanted to touch all of him. Ryan forgot for a moment everything. Ryan also cuddled the red fur of the Dodgi.

'Yes, just give me ten minutes I shall be ready.' Ryan answered keeping his Ahranov device on the table. Ryan went inside and came out in his favorite blue tee after less than ten minutes. Megan was ready with the coffee.

'One thing is good about boys whenever it's time to get ready they ..'

'They do not take long.' Ryan completed the idiom with his own words. A smile swept through the lips as well eyed of Megan. 'Dear I am happy to see this smile. But I understand what you are missing.'

'Yes dear, all of this victory is because of sacrifices made by our forefathers.' Ryan hugs Megan once again. Dodgi again jumped on both of them making thud coming from the table, an old iPad fell on the ground after being pushed by the tail of Dodji.

'Ryan pick it.'

'It is no longer needed, after finishing coffee I shall keep it in the junkyard.' Ryan picked up the device and went up the ladder throw it in the junkyard. Opening the door and as he threw the iPad on the sofa.

Megan advised Ryan to take rest while she goes out to see the doctor. Ryan lied on the sofa seat and switched on the iPad. After two-three repeated attempts the iPad switched on. Ryan swiped the screen and go into files on the device. Some old songs and videos were there on the device. Ryan listened to these and fell asleep on the seat itself. The iPad fell down and broke apart.

Megan came back and called Ryan.

'Ryan! did you sleep well baby.'

'Yes just fell asleep while listening to these old sweet songs.'

'Old is gold dear Ryan, but that iPad belonged to you... how did it break apart?'

Ryan looked down and realized that the device's back cover is opened and the battery was apart. He immediately picked up the parts and tried to assemble them together.

'Dear Ryan, back in those days this the pinnacle of technology.'

'But I just broke it apart from letting me try to bring it together.'

Megan and Ryan together got the iPad packed up back but it did not switch on. Ryan placed it by the side of his seat.

'It is old, it won't switch on.'

'Let me just throw it back to the junkyard.'

Ryan took the iPad into his hands with a heavy heart and again moved to the junkyard. He opened the door of the junkyard to throw the iPad inside but Dodji pounded on him without any warning.

'Dodji so you becoming unruly these days I know you are meeting me after long but what is this.' Ryan sat down on the floor.

Cuddling Dodgi with his hands something caught Ryan's attention, iPad was powered on and there was a notification. Ryan could not understand what this kind of notification is.

Chris the Cursor wrote on the screen.

'Hello Megan.'

Ryan showed a notification on the iPad to Megan. Megan and Ryan see each other eye to eye. A wonderful joy fills both of them. Megan and Ryan jump seeing cursor back from its copy saved on the iPad.

Ryan brought the CPU of the pre-Agreement era from the University Computer lab. Reinstalled the Cursor onto it.

Cursor races again with Textbox and Pointer. But now with the user present, observing and appreciating their game.

=======================