Chapter 9. Time to move.

I awoke the next morning in bed with Taylor. She turned over and looked at me."Hey are you OK?", she asked me. " I'm just a little hungover from last night is all. ", I said." My head hurts a little." " Just go back to sleep OK?" , She said to me. "Alright honey". I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

I woke up 1 hour later and got dressed. I put on my sheriff's pants with the belt and a white T-shirt and walked out the door to the dining area. I sat down at the table. " Hey dad.", jhon said. " Good morning jhon.", I answered back. "Mom said that you would be hungover." "Well, moms right.", I said to john as I smiled and laughed softly. The doctor sat down at the table. " so, doc? What happened here?", I asked him. "Well, I'm the only one that's left. I just kept working. Hoping to do some good. But there is no cure. I can't stop it. I'm sorry.", he said as he looked down. I finished my breakfast and left the table. " come on everyone. We have to leave.". I put on my sheriffs uniform and hat as I grabbed my bag of guns. All of a sudden we heard an alarm go off. " I'm sorry. The whole place is going to blow. You need to get out while you can." The doctor said. "You son of a b****!", I yelled at him. " you lied!" I started to smash the the glass with my Axe. No use. "Ryan!", carol yelled. " I found this in your pocket when I was washing your sheriff's uniform!" I looked at what she was holding. Wait a minute, the grenade! The tank! Of course! We can escape the CDC!

I walked up to the window and pulled the pin on the grenade. I set it down. " Everyone get back!" I yelled as the grenade started ticking. I ran towards the counter and I was about to jump when the grenade exploded. The explosion threw me back against the wall as the glass broke. My ears started ringing as I looked around with blurred vision. I looked over at my bag of guns against the wall and shook my head a few times.

I felt a hand touch me as I looked up." Ryan! Ryan are you OK?!?" I looked up with vision still blurred. It was Taylor. " I'm OK.", I said dazed. She put my arm around her neck and helped me out the CDC. I stumbled out the CDC and finally got my vision back to normal.

We were running to our vehicles when the CDC exploded into flames. We all hit the ground and watched as it burnt up into smoke. Great. Our safe Haven, gone for good. Where are we going to go now? What are we going to do? We have to move. Find another safe place to stay. The question is exactly,where is safe? No where is safe in this world anymore. We'll find somewhere, I know we will.