Chapter 6. The bag of guns

I got dressed the next morning. "Good morning Ryan.", Carol said. " Morning.", I replied as I put my sherrifs uniform back on. I walked out the tent and saw john. "Hey John.", I said to him. He turned around." Hey dad! I'm glad your alive.", he said as I hugged him." Me too", I said. " Unfortunately, daddy has to go back to Atlanta.", I told John uneasily. "But why daddy?", John asked me. I bent down. " Well son, Daddy has to go retrieve a bag of good things that he left behind, and it will also help the people", I said. " Don't worry. I'll be back. ", " OK daddy.", John hugged me. I patted his head." That a boy. Stay in mom's sight, OK?", I said. John smiled and nodded, and ran off. I got in the truck, loaded my revolver with the 4 bullets I had left, and drove off to Atlanta.

When I arrived it was all quiet, too quiet. I crept around the streets until I saw my bag of guns and my sheriff's hat on the ground. I carefully walked over to the two items. I picked up my hat and put it back on my head. I'm about to reach for my bag of guns when I feel a pistol touch the back of my head" Move and your dead.,"A voice said. "Drop it. Now.". " OK, OK.", I said as I dropped my magnum and kicked it towards his feet. He picked up my revolver and my bag of guns. "I'm sorry.," he said as he ran off.

"What am I going to do now?", I thought to myself. I started to sneak down an alley way when I saw the man again. He was walking towards my position. I grabbed a metal pipe off the ground and waited behind a dumpster. When he reached the dumpster, I swung at him with the pipe. Whack! He fell down on the ground and his nose started bleeding and it looked like it was broken. I kicked him over and broke his back with the metal pipe. He yelled in pain. " Shut up!", I yelled at him. He dropped my magnum and my bag of guns. I picked up my pistol and aimed it at his head. "Those are my bag of guns, not yours.", I told the man. " Bullshit", the man replied. "Do you want to die?", I asked him as I pulled back the hammer on my revolver. I picked up my bag of guns and put it on my back. I flicked the hammer forward to recock the chamber. I was still aiming at the guys head. " please, don't kill me! I'll do what ever you want! Please, my back! My back is broken. You have to take me with you. Please.", he said, wheezing in pain. "Sorry, no prisoners.", I said as I pulled back the hammer on my gun again." No wait! Wai-" I pulled the trigger and shot the man in his head. Blood spilled on the ground from his head and painted it red.

I walked away from Atlanta with my bag of guns. This mission, is accomplished. I headed back to the camp. I knew that I was going to be known as a hero. I'm even lucky that I made it this far and that I'm still alive to see another day.