Chapter 70

It was dark. 

As a child I used to be afraid of the lack of light. The darkness worried me, my imagination supplied many beasts with fantastical jaws to lurk beyond the range of my vision. But now after all what had happened to me, I embrace it. The night provides cover from the flesh and blood monsters of the day, those that lie within us and threaten to come out. 

They will bring out the devil in you.

The only thing that accompanied this overwhelming darkness was a deathly silence. These two fused into one single atmosphere making me feel lost and alone. The darkness had descended upon me and I was immersed in it.

Where was I?

"Raiza." I heard someone saying my name from behind.

I turned around and found a tall creature just a few meters away from me. I couldn't see its face but I knew its eyes were locked on me; I could feel it. My heart began racing; whoever this person was it gave me a feeling of familiarity.

"Listen closely." The creature said. "You need to protect yourself and don't let anyone hurt you again. You're stronger than you think and you'll find someone who truly deserves you. You're one of a kind and that needs to be in the right hands."

"Who are you?" I asked getting closer to see his face.

"Someone that loves you. Never forget that." The husky voice said.

Those words clicked on my mind. It has to be him. "Harry?" I whispered. The figure started walking away from me without saying a word. "No wait! Please don't leave me!"

The ground beneath me began to crumble. I started running trying to find somewhere safe but there wasn't any. As I continue running I could see how he was drifting away form me and I was becoming smaller and smaller. I stepped on a piece of loose ground and it succumbed under my weight; I began falling down into a whole of darkness, deeper and deeper.

I woke up startled. I was sweating and my head was pounding. I was dreaming? Suddenly the door opened and a familiar face came into the room.

"Rue." I said in a whisper. I was still shaken by my dream. God, that was the strangest dream I've ever had

"Hey sleeping beauty." She greeted me with a wide smile. "Hurry up! Cam's waiting for us."

"Cam? Are we going somewhere?" I asked confused.

"Don't tell me you forgot it!" Forgot? Forgot what? "We were supposed to meet him at 11 in the parking lot. Our Fridays lunch tradition?"

Our Fridays lunch tradition? Why I don't remember agreeing on that?

"Um I can't today." I said, biting my lip. "I need to go find Harry."

Rue's face went blank and then frowned. "Harry?" She said confused. "Who's that?"

I started laughing. She really hates him. "Rue, I know you hate him but you don't need to act like you don't know him."

"I'm sorry Raiza but I really don't know who you're talking about."

"Come on Rue." I said. "He has come here quite a few times. You even went to the parties at his frat house, when he used to live there." My friend's face remained with no expression. "Tall curly haired guy with emerald eyes? He's actually a demon?"

My roommate suddenly burst into laughter. "A demon? Oh my fucking Raiza! You're so weird." The black haired girl starting crying of laughter. "I know I can talk with the death but really? A demon in college? That one is good."