Chapter 8 Promises

Sarah woke up with the feeling of strong arms around her. She liked it, it had been so long since she had felt the warmth of another person in a bed. She turned over to face the handsome blond man asleep with a small smile on his lips. She moved closer to him, breathing his sent in, before giving him a light peck on the lips. Steve breathed in a deep breath before sighing, and opening his eyes to look at the beautiful woman in his bead, smiling up at him. "Hi." Sarah said, her voice still slightly horse from just awakening. "Hey there, good morning." Steve replied, his voice also horse. Sarah sat up in bed and hugged her knees. The sunlight beamed brightly through the bedroom window, causing her to glow. "You are so beautiful." Steve said in awe. Sarah blushed ever so slightly. "We have to get up don't we?" Sarah asked, a small hint of remorse in her tone. Steve chuckled slightly. "As much as I would like to just lay here and look at you all day, I don't think that would sit well with everyone else." Sarah nodded. "What is it you guys do all day? I mean when your not saving the world?" Steve sat up and scratched his head. "Well Tony and pepper run their business from home, Natasha and Clint are still assassins so they come and go all the time. Thor and Loki don't do much but explore and learn about earth, being as their ways are so much different than ours. Bruce mostly keeps to himself, I believe he goes to community centers sometimes though, helps out there. As for me, well, besides being a solider, I don't really know how to do anything else. With that I cant really get a job that I would actually like. I mean there are small things, minimum wage type jobs, not that money is an issue, but I just think I would get bored or tiered of them to fast." Sarah nodded some more. "What do you do?" Sarah felt embarrassed. She and Steve were making a commitment to each other, they were planing on raising a child together, hell they just had sex. Yet neither of them even knew what the other did all day. Not a middle name, not if they had any sibling, not even what kinds of movies they liked. "Well, ever since the war, S.H.I.L.E.D hasn't really had any use for me. I help our for a few things like terrorist activities and what not, that makes me have allot of traveling to do. Other then that though not much. I visit you guys, and do other little things." Steve got up from the bed, pulling on some shorts and a shirt. "Cool. You know I've been thinking. We know each others fighting style, we know what Italian food we like, but nothing all that personal. Maybe we should spend the day just getting to know about the little things." Sarah smiled. "Its weird I was just thinking that." Steve chuckled. "See, we are half way to finishing each others sentences." He said pointing back and forth to his head and her. Sarah found her bra and underwear. Steve gave her a shirt and some sweat pants to borrow. She looked down at the shirt. "Really?" Steve grinned. "I saved it for just this type of occasion." Sarah rolled her eyes and got dressed, then put her hair in a messy pony tail.

Making their way out to the kitchen, Steve walked beside Sarah, hand in hand. When they got their everyone looked up. Pepper smiled, Natasha raised an eyebrow, Bruce smiled, but Tony, Thor, and Loki had different looks entirely. Tony gave a blank stare at the twos enclosed hands, Loki glared hard at them, while Thor, simply look disappointed. Sarah did her best to break the silence. "Good morning everyone." She held a nervous smile. "Good morning indeed." Natasha said, getting a slight slap on the arm from Pepper. "Good morning you two, did you have fun last night?" Pepper asked politely. Steve and Sarah blushed a little. "Yeah,,heh, you could say that." Steve said scratching his arm. Tony crossed his arms. "A little to much fun I would say, kept the house up all night." Sarah brought her hand up to her mouth to cover it as she gasped. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Steve's face went red. Bruce broke out into laughter. Bruce gave a large chuckle. "Wow, really? I slept like a rock! Now that's funny." Loki glared at Bruce. "Well the rest of us had to listen to, what sounded like to Griffilos being brutally beaten with Haltite clubs." Thor failed to hide the laugh that came up. "That's a very..detailed description, brother." Loki simply looked away. "Well its true." Pepper spoke up, having herd enough. "OK I think we have embarrassed them enough now. Lets just eat." Steve and Sarah made their way to the counter to grab some breakfast.