004 frienemies

"Uh...guys."

"Tae?"

"Hey Kook." Taehyung opened the door wider and entered the studio.

"Um, how much of that did you hear?" I asked, beginning to feel self-conscious.

"Ms Oh told me to come work with you Jungkookie! How great is that?" Taehyung disregarded my question.

Oh, so you're still ignoring me? Two can play that game.

"But I alr-" Jungkook was about to defend our partnership when Taehyung shushed him.

"Come on, let's go to the cafeteria, the bell is about to go anyway," he began to drag Jungkook out of the room. However, as they passed me, Jungkook grabbed my hand and pulled me with them, smiling deviously at me.

'What are you up to?' I mouthed to him, shaking my head to hide my smirk. As soon as we got to the corridor, the bell went, signalling the beginning of break.

Break: thirty minutes that doesn't seem to last long enough. Thirty minutes that feels like three. But hey, at least I won't have to spend it with Kim Taehyung. Oh wait, Jimin invited us to sit on their table with them. Them being Jimin, Jungkook and Kim freaking Taehyung.

When we arrived at the cafeteria, Chaeyoung was already sat with Jimin, an empty seat separating the two of them. Chaeyoung stood up and pelted towards me, grabbing my wrist and pushing me down onto the seat between her and Jimin.

"How was music?" Jimin asked as I was slipping my bag off my shoulders.

"Really good! Jungkook and I wrote a song for the Christmas concert," I replied, thinking back to the jam session we had last lesson.

"It's not finished yet though," Jungkook added as he perched on the seat next to Jimin, meaning the only thing separating me and Taehyung was my unfortunate best friend of 5 years.

I was taking out my carrot sticks when I felt a pair of eyes weighing down on me. I looked up to see none other than my new found enemy staring daggers into my soul. It was as if he had been possessed because when I looked at him, he didn't react at all to my sudden change in position. Nor did he flinch when I moved to throw my pot of humus that Chaeyoung had packed for me in the bin. He just sat there, staring at me. Correction: through me. At one point I had even tried to kid myself into thinking that he was looking at someone behind me so I turned around but there was no one there. It was only when Jimin noticed his gaze and cleared his throat that Taehyung was bought back to reality. I saw from the corner of my eye that Jimin gave Taehyung a threatening look but instantly went back to his effervescent self.

I took the opportunity of the silence to check my timetable. My next class was Biology.

"Do any of you have Biology next?" I asked, switching my gaze between everyone on the table, disregarding a certain demon, of course.