023 love

i've decided this will be the last chapter for this book. i'm probably going to write a sequel at some time in the future but please don't expect too much from it because i've never written a sequel to any of my books in the past. i have some ideas for the sequel already but i have several other books lined up before i write it. please be patient, i love you guys <3

****

"It's great being married to my best friend," I admitted as we got into our room for the night.

Taehyung scoffed out a laugh. "We've been married for," he looked at his watch, "four hours."

"I know, but we've been engaged for a while," I defended.

"Sarang," he called.

"Yes, Tae?"

He grabbed my hand and brought us over to the bed, sitting on the end of me. "Why did you agree to marry me if your deal was that you wouldn't have to take over the business? Wasn't that the whole point of this?"

I sighed. I knew he was going to ask about this, but it had been so long since that day, I was starting to think, maybe he'd forgotten about it. "Uh..."

"Please, be honest with me. I mean I think I know why, but I want to hear it from you," Taehyung said, scooting a little closer to me.

"Well," I began, "do you believe in love at first sight?"

"We- wait really?" He replied, shocked.

"No, of course not," I laughed. "I hated you when we first met, remember?"

Taehyung returned my teasing. "But you didn't know who I really was," he nudged me.

"Yeah, well neither did you."

"You're no fun," he sulked.

"You love me," I joked.

There was a few seconds silence as we both flew back on the bed with our feet dangling over the edge.

"Yeah I do," Taehyung broke it.

"You what?" I gasped.

"I love you, Sarang." He suddenly burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" I ask doubtedly, still in shock from the sudden confession. I was scared that this whole thing was a joke and I had almost made a fool out of myself by saying it back.

He waved his hand dismissively in front of my face, still laughing. "It's just funny saying I love you then calling you love."

I slapped his arm out of relief.

"Ow!" He winced. "What was that for?"

"You're an idiot Kim Taehyung," I facepalmed. "I thought you were just joking. I was about to make a real fool out of myself."

"What do you mean?"

"I... I love you... too," I said, nervously.

His face seemed to pale in colour and I felt my heart drop to my stomach, wanting a sink hole to open up and swallow me.

"Y-You do?" He stuttered.

I nodded, not being able to express it through words. I stood up, wanting to leave the room to relieve the tension but Taehyung had other ideas.

He grabbed onto my wrist, gently and pulled me into his chest. I gasped at the fact that he was now on his feet as well. He wrapped his arms around my figure and lifted me in the air, spinning me around excitedly.

"Kim Taehyung!" I exclaimed through giggles. I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders as he spun me, the gesture confirming that his confession wasn't a joke.

"I can't believe you love me!" He replied, finally setting me back on the ground, but not loosening his hold on me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I somewhat scoffed.

"Well," he sat us back on the bed, taking my hands in his. "I knew you loved Taemin, but I was a very different person, personality wise, when you first met Taehyung and I felt sick to the core knowing that there was a possibility that our first meeting had left a lasting impression on you and you wouldn't forgive me."

"Mr. Kim, please get over yourself. You ignored me and threw a pen at me. Sure, you said some pretty hurtful things at the time but it's not like you tried to kill me or anything. Of course I was going to forgive you. I forgave you the moment you bought me that milkshake," I giggled.

"Well, this is just embarrassing," he chuckled, awkwardly.

"Why so?" I asked, confused.

"Because I kind of really want to kiss you but I'm not sure if I should." He rubbed the back of his neck, awaiting my reply.

I pretended to think for a second, just to be annoying. "You should."

And he did.

THE END

****

yayyyyyy we did it!
don't worry, kim tae will be back in *drum roll*
FONDLY UNFOND

thank you so much for reading. i'm sorry if it's not as good as you were expecting. i'm still learning but my writing is improving more and more each day so stick with me and it'll all be worth it in the end

i love you guys 💕

here's tae as a reward for finishing the book