Chapter 19

2 Months Later

Harsh light from the morning sun invaded Laura's Crystal like eyes. She let out a scream to notify her mother that she was awake. She cried for only a few minutes before Emily swung her legs out of bed and planted her feet onto the cold wooden floor boards. She turned her head and read the time off her alarm clock next to her bed.

6:30am

She forgot all about why she was getting up and fell right back into the her soft covers until the cries of the baby echoed through the house. 'Daniel' Emily moaned. 'Please will you get her for me? After all today is the last day my surname will be Thorne.' She grinned at him. 'Anything for my gorgeous wife' he smiled. 'Soon to be wife' She corrected. 'You have always been part of my family' He softy moved his fingers slowly across her rosy cheeks and kissed her ice cold lips. The glass shattering cries interrupted them. 'I'm going, I'm going' Daniel Laughed.

He walked downstairs and into the baby nursery where Laura was sitting in her cot. her face was red and tears were streaming down her face. 'Aw, come here baby.' Daniel said picking her up. 'Its okay, I'm here now, I'm here. Whats the matter sweet-pea?' He kissed her forehead and sat in the rocking chair rocking her slowly until she stopped crying.

'You're a natural with her.' The voice made Daniel jump. 'Oh, David, i didn't see you there.' Daniel exclaimed. 'I'm sorry i didn't mean to scare you.' He exclaimed 'Its fine, why are you up so early?' Daniel asked. 'I thought that I'd go for a quick swim before you woke up but I see that i am a little late with that.' He laughed. 'Ah, now i see where Emily gets it from' He laughs. 'You know... Daniel I'm so glad that you and my daughter are happy, i see the way she looks at you and the way you look at her... it reminds me of someone I once knew...' 'Who?' Daniel interrupted. 'If you don't mind me asking. 'No, no not at all. It reminds me of your mother, You know about everything... the affair and all, Emily has told you. You two are meant to be, I can see that and I am glad she has chosen to spend the rest of her life with you and you make her happy.' David smiled leaving Daniel speechless but smiling. David walked away and disappeared down to the beach.

Daniel rocked Laura for a few minutes, she started falling asleep and he watched her chest rise and fall as it was being pumped with oxygen. 'Daniel!' Emily called. 'Come back to bed, bring Laura if you have to' Daniel smiled. 'I'm on my way up Babe.' He replied.

He walked up the stairs with Laura in his arms and looked at Emily still lying in bed. She smiled at him and he grinned at her.

'God I love you.'

A/N: sorry this is so Short but i hope you guys like it. Please comment!