Morning Falls

Part 10 of My Deer, My Love:

The sizzling noise of the pan fills the kitchen as the sweet smells of sugar wavers around the room. To life the mood you were making yourself a small batch of pancakes and a strong cup of dark coffee for Alastor. You flipped the pancake in the pan many times until creating a small palace of three pancakes on your plate. After you made the pancakes you continued making Alastor's coffee and soon the tapping of feet coming down the stairway filled your ears.

''Morning Al!'' You shouted from the kitchen in delight, you agreed with him just to forget about what happened earlier on. But.

You just couldn't get what happened out of your mind. The words repeating in your mind like a never-ending carousel.

''I don't deserve such an angel...''

What was he trying to imply? You are by no means an 'angel', if that's what he thinks. It probably had a deeper meaning of sorts that you just couldn't understand yet.

The sounds of Alastor's voice brought you back to reality.

''Good morning to you too my dear, anything on the agenda today?'' He put his hands under his chin, on the table, to support his head. He seemed drowsy.

''Nothing much, I might stop by the hotel and see how Charlie's doing, how about you?'' You replied back in the same manner, placing his coffee next to him, now delightfully taking small sips of it.

''Ah, well, I may be gone for a while, so you're going to have to occupy yourself with something until I'm back, which will be tomorrow night unfortunately''

You looked at him in shock as he finished his coffee. He's gonna be gone for a whole day... what will he be doing? You opened your mouth to question but after a few seconds of processing you closed it again as not to be nosy, heading back to the table with your pancakes in hand.

''Alright then Alastor, It shouldn't be too much hassle to find something to do! I'll be fine,'' You dug into your pancakes with a fork and enjoyed the tasteful flavours of the food you cooked.

''Are you sure you'll be fine darling?'' He looks at you with worry, as if you're going to get yourself into a mess again. Like last time. In reply, you nodded at him and smiled once you'd swallowed down some of your pancake. Only to make him feel more secure about leaving you alone for a day and a bit. It wasn't that long of a time. Right? Right.

Alastor then proceeded to put his oh-so-famous crimson coat on, and open the door to the outside world. He gave you one more quick glace and a small smile before closing the door behind him whispering goodbye. After his polite leave, you wolfed down your pancakes and got dressed into some proper wear. Flinging yourself around the house in preparation of going to go to Charlie's hotel.

You washed the plates and kitchen-appliances used and then head out, making sure you were in top shape and form. Opening the door, you took your steps outside and made your way to the hotel through the forest and then the streets of hell. Luckily, there were no interruptions on your journey there. Sure, you saw all the druggies and wasted demons patrolling through the streets, the odd one being snatched away into the alleyways. To think you were one of those demons who nearly got raped in the alleyways. How undignified. Yeesh.

Your feet walked their way towards the door of the hotel and you almost shuffled inside as to how nervous you were until-

''(y/n)!! How are you? Where were you last night! We were actually kinda worried about you! What happened???'' A bombard of questions exited Charlie's mouth as you waddled through the door and the entrance-way. What a way to start off the day.