|Chapter 5 ~ What Happened?|

My eyes shoot open in panic, looking around my surroundings in fear. My breathing heavy, and my body cold and stiff. I'm lying down on a medical bed, in what seems to be the medical bay. What happened? Wasn't I in an interview with someone?

"(Y/n)!" I hear a familiar voice shout, as a door bursts open.

"Huh...Daniel?" I ask in confusion. I hear running footsteps sprinting towards me, and suddenly arms fling around my fragile body. Daniel shakes in fear as he hugs me, his breathing rigid.

"Are you alright!? Do you feel alright!? What did Springtrap do to you!?" He asks franticly. I turn my head up to him in confusion, as he lets go of me.

"W-what? I don't remember anything..."

"What do you mean you don't remember anything!?" He asks, shaking both of my shoulders in confusion.

"Daniel! I think you shouldn't be so violent with Miss (L/n) right now, she's just woken up!" Dr. Forester says, walking into the bay, pushing his glasses up, a binder, and a laptop in his hand.

Daniel backs away from me, "o-oh..right..." He mumbles.

Dr. Forester walks over to my bed and puts the back of his hand to my forehead.

"Your fever has gone down.." He says, pulling his hand away.

"I-I had a fever?" I ask, lying back down.

"Oh yes...you don't remember?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I slowly shake my head, "no...I don't remember anything...well, besides the beginning of the interview," I say, sitting back up again.

"Well, you won't believe what happened.." Daniel sighs, rubbing his face with the palm of his hand in exhaustion.

"What did happen?" I ask. Dr. Forester opens his mouth but closes it when someone else interrupts him.

"(Y/n), dear! Are you alright!? You were starting to worry me!" Mr. Reverend quickly walks over to my bedside, next to Daniel and Dr. Forester.

"I'm alright Mr. Reverend.." I smile weakly.

"I was afraid something frightful would happen..especially with Afton.." He sighs.

"Yeah...b-but really what happened?" I ask, and Daniel steps forward.

"Let me explain.." He says, and I nod, paying close attention to what he has to say.

---------------
- Daniel's POV Of What Happened 8 Hours Ago -
---------------

I stomp down the hallway, the animatronics in their cells eyeing me curiously.

Why did I leave!? I should go back, I don't trust anyone in that room around (Y/n)! I'm already getting goosebumps thinking about her in there with-

"Daniel! Are you alright!?" I hear Dr. Forester yell for me, as he jogs over to me.

"Dr. Forester!?" I asked, whipping around to face him.

You have got to be kidding me!?

"Why aren't you in the interview room with (Y/n) and the guard!?" I shout.

"I just wanted to see if you were alright, Daniel," he sighs, catching his breath.

"We need to go back! I don't trust leaving (Y/n) in that room with just a guard! That..that thing is dangerous!" I shout.

"And that 'thing', used to be a human.." He huffs.

"And?" I ask, and he rolls his eyes.

"Never mind, but I have been meaning to talk to you about something.." He says, fixing his glasses.