[4] Rage more than fear

"Arya?" The beautiful women had her back towards him, the room was decorated with  flowers, diyas and there was a pleasant odour of blue lotus,he walked closer, she turned, he saw her beautiful lotus eyes, they were filled with nothing but love.

But then the flowers, the diyas everything faded into dark,
"Arya!"  She yelled as if some one pulled  her away from him. The beautiful scene was now a horrible one, everything was black but he could see the girl's eyes, they were now filled with pain, tears and were red.

Parth woke up with a jolt, his heart racing fast, again, he closed her eyes, trying to calm himself, he looked around, he was in his room, he sighed and wiped the sweat off his forehead. He got off the bed and walked to the window but turned at the clock to see the time, 3:23 am.

He looked out of the window, it was dark, he leaned on the window, The mansion had garden all around so he will not have to bear with the noise of car or the few people walking on the road at even this time. He looked around, the garden was filled with tree, many trees and many flowering plants. But not blue lotus. He remembered when he was in Mansarovar on a trip with his friends, he saw blue lotus, he smelled them and was unconscious, he even got some hallucinations, like he saw the girl of his dream right in front of him but again, he was lost in her eyes and he didn't try to look at her full face or his mind didn't allow that. He had never lied to his mother, his mother thinks but how will she know that  her son doesn't sleeps the whole night at times but squeezes his brain to get answers to his unusual questions. Sometimes he thinks he is mentally retarded, he gets hallucinations, dreams that feels so real but he knows they're not.

He sighed and walked out of his room, downstairs to the kitchen.

And he found him there, Madhav.

"Madhav?" Parth asked, seeing Parth Madhav smiled and Parth noticed that Madhav was eating butter? Wasn't it quite strange? Who eats butter like this in a bowl like it's ice-cream?

"Parth." Madhav said and held the bowl for him,"Wanna try?"

"No, no, I'm okay, I'll just have a glass of water." Parth smiled and poured the water in the glass.

"Isn't it quite strange? How can you eat butter like this? Take bread or something." Parth said after he treated his thirst with a glass of water.

"Haven't you tried to before?" Madhav   asked, not taking really looking at Parth but at his butter bowl.

"No, I haven't." Parth chuckled,"How strange it is."

"You don't know what many in this world are strange, the most strange thing is time, no one can understand it." Madhav smiled, "It's inevitable."

"I think oblivion is more strange and it's inevitable too." Parth said.

"You fear oblivion?" Madhav quirked his eyebrows at Parth.

"I don't know but I think I'm already in oblivion, I don't know what is happening to me..  it all feels.. so oblivious and If I'm living in oblivion.. maybe I'm not scared of it because the thing you're scared of, you run away from it and I'm living in oblivion, I think I don't fear."

"You know?" Madhav kept the bowl in the sink and turned back to Parth.

"That's what I like about you, you've got clear answers to all my twisted questions."  He grinned, "and yes, Time and Oblivion are two facets of a coin. People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer. This is basically why people fear oblivion because it is the unknown. Even it's existance is unknown. No idea as to whether it is after death, during death, good, bad, suffering, misery or happiness, prosperity. And time?" Madhav chuckled a little bit, it's the worst and the best thing. I don't have anything to say about it."