Proving Honor

I woke up around 8 am and headed for the main hall. I ate a boiled cream treat and headed off towards Belethor's shop.

"Still fresh out of the oven!" I heard a vendor announce.

It called my attention so I came over, I overheard her talking with another woman about some troubles.

"Life's hard enough with all these men propositioning me. But that bard is the worst."

"Someone giving you trouble?" I asked.

"That bard Mikael is begging for a dagger up against his throat," She started. "The way he goes on about me. I've heard him boasting at the Bannered Mare, saying he'll 'conquer me as a true Nord conquers any harsh beast.' Hmph."

"What if I talk to Mikael?" I offered, it's the least I can do.

"If you want to try, go right ahead. I don't think anything will get through that thick skull of his, though."

"You get a lot of attention from men?" I asked.

"You've got no idea. Half the men in Whiterun have proposed to me. Some were even single." She mused. "They'll never understand. No amount of flowers or honeyed words are going to change my mind. Right now, all that matters is my daughter Mila. No man's going to get between me and my little girl."

"I'll see to it that bard doesn't bother you." I smiled. "Can I buy a green apple while I'm here?"

"Of course."

After my purchase I entered Belethors shop.

"Everything is for sale, my friend. Everything." Belethor announced. "If I had a sister I'd sell her in a second."

Ah, I see what kind of man you are now. No wonder I was sent to do this.

"I've been sent to resolve a dispute." I tell him straightforwardly.

"You can't scare me into submission." He growled out. "Let's go!"

It was a fairly short fight, I understand why the man's a merchant.

"You're tougher than you look, you got me fair and square." He sighed out.

"You know what you have to do." I shrugged.

"Fine! I'll take care of it." He exclaimed. "Just, please leave me alone."

With that I took my leave. I was about to head to the Bannered Mare, but I stopped and gave Brennuin a gold piece. I heard the shopkeepers calling him that before. Entering the Bannered Mare I spot Mikael and walk up to him.

"You need to leave Carlotta Valentia alone." I said as threateningly as I could muster.

"I'm sorry, but that fiery widow is mine," he replied leaving me disgusted. "She just doesn't know it yet."

"Leave her alone, or else." I rolled my eyes.

"Or else what? I can take you little girl." He put his hands up ready to brawl.

"Here we go again," I sighed.

Even quicker than before I kicked his ass and that's all she wrote.

"You leave Carlotta alone, or this gets worse." Being a hero kind of feels good.

"Whoa. Hey there. I didn't mean to make you upset. You know how to throw a punch, I'll give you that. On my honor, Carlotta won't have to worry about me again."

I headed out of the Inn and went to tell Carlotta the news.

"Mikael won't be bothering you anymore." I smiled.