Chapter 1: Glimpse of the Past

"You look pretty, Miss!"

Napangiti ako sa sinabi ni Betty, who is now finishing my final touches of make-up.

I looked back at the mirror and was shocked to see how glamorous I appeared. Hindi gaanong makapal ang make-up, simple lang ang pagkakalagay at umayon sa maputla kong kulay ng balat. My hair was tied up in a french twist with a silver birette on top of it. And my gown fits perfectly on my body wherein some crystals were placed in each sides.

"Are you ready, Ms. Yeona?"

Tumango ako kay Betty and whisper my thanks. Doon ay tumayo na ako at inalalayan ni Rhea, isa sa mga photographers at inumpisahan na akong kuhanan ng ilang litrato.

Pagkatapos ay dumiretso na kami sa nag-aabang na sasakyan. At nang makapasok na ako sa loob, doon nagsimulang bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko. I have never been this nervous at the same time excited all my life.

And when the car stopped, parang lalong dumoble ang nararamdaman kong kaba. Someone open the car door and escort me until we reached the entrance of the church.

I can feel bullets of sweat forming on my forehead as I come closer and the door of the church finally opened.

When a familiar song began to play, tears started to formed in my eyes.

"It's late in the evening, she's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair
And then she asks me, Do I look all right?
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight"

I can't stop my tears from falling. Para bang kay tagal kong hinintay ang sandaling ito and even without the crowd whose staring now at me as I walk down the aisle, his mere presence was enough to be called this a perfect moment.

"We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me
And then she asks me, Do you feel all right?
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"

I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you"

When I was almost at the end of the aisle, I finally met his eyes, who was staring at me like I am the prettiest woman he has ever seen. I noticed that he's also crying like me.

"It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys and she helps me to bed
And then I tell her, as I turn out the light
I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight"

I was about to step closer and hold his hand. Iyon nga lang, nagulat ako nang hindi ako makagalaw. There's seem to be a change in the atmosphere at parang tumigil ang oras.

Everything turned strange until he vanished. And I was left behind crying.

Suddenly, a mirror was there in front of me. And when I looked at it, there was a woman staring right at me saying, "You deserve it."

"Yeona?"

Isang tapik ang nakapagpagising sa akin. It was Primo Claverio, a friend of mine, who looked so concerned at me.

Hinihingal na napaupo ako at napahawak sa dibdib ko, this wasn't my first time having a nightmare pero ngayon ay ramdam na ramdam ko ang lungkot at sakit.

"Are you okay? You look like your having a bad dream again," he whispered.

"A-ayos lang ako." I did not want him to worry.

"Is it about him again?"

Napasulyap ako sa tanong niya. He knew me too well -- all the pained that I've been through and the glimpse of the past that still haunting me.

And maybe the girl in my dream is right, I deserve all these pain. After all, I am the one who left him. I was a coward for running away without him knowing the truth.

Nang hindi ako sumagot ay napabuntong-hininga siya. Alam niyang hindi ako kumportable kapag iyon ang usapan.

"Tapos ka na ba sa training mo?" pagkaraan ay tanong niya.

Tumango ako sakanya. It was my last day today. Kaya naman nang mapadpad ako dito sa tuktok ng bundok, agad akong nakatulog sa pagod.

"Maybe you're tired. Let's go. Pinagluto kita ng paborito mo."

Sa sinabi niyang iyon ay ngumiti ako. Itinaas ko ang mga kamay ko at tinulungan niya akong makatayo.

Nagsimula na kaming maglakad pababa ng bundok.

"You should rest. Tomorrow is a big day," he said with concern.

Napabuntong-hininga ako.

"You shouldn't worry about me, Primo," sagot ko at tipid na ngumiti. And I know I wasn't just convincing him, but also myself.

Because tomorrow would be the day were I would finally return after 2 years of running and hiding.

And I needed to do my best, because it's the last chance I'll have.