Part 1: Within

'Why the hell is it always me...' the young boy wondered as he walked down the dark street. 'What did I ever do?' 'I'm not a demon, I'm just a six year old...why?' His thoughts were disturbed by a deep voice. "Well if it isn't the Kyuubi reincarnation... you'll pay for what you've done to my wife."
Then, a woman walked up to to the man and whispered something in his ear. "Your right..." the large man said. "I'll wait until tomorrow... then you'll feel the pain!"The man and woman then walked away.
'Oh no. No no no.' The blonde thought to himself. He began to shake in fear, and bolted toward his home. The fear of what tomorrow would bring overtook him.

Tomorrow was October 10th, the boys birthday.

Next Day: 8:15 PM

The boy ran as fast as his legs would move.

Behind him was a group of about 15 people, with three of them having shinobi headbands on. The mob of people chased him with objects that were no doubt meant to harm him.
"You worthless demon!", someone called out.
"I'm not a demon!", the blonde boy exclaimed. "I'm Naruto Uzumaki!"
"Shut up you spawn of the devil!"
A woman from the mob screeched.
"We will kill you right here!"
Then, Naruto made a mistake.
He made a left turn, but it was a dead end.
'No, no, no, no.' The young blonde thought to himself. The mob approached him, ready to bring him a whole new world of pain.
Naruto was hurting in every spot of his body as the villagers beat, cut, and kicked him.
Naruto could feel his consciousness fading away.

It was then that everything went black.

Naruto's Mindscape

Naruto woke up in a very wet place.
His whole body was covered in cuts and bruises. He opened his eyes to see that he was in a sewer.
'What the heck?' The boy thought to himself. 'I was in a alley when they-' The blonde shuddered at the thought of being abused by the villagers.

"Well if it isn't my jailer... come to visit?"

Naruto froze at the voice that he heard. He turned around and saw giant set of iron bars, like a prison cell.
Behind the bars was a giant fox with orange fur and... nine tails.

"W-who are you?" Naruto asked with his fear evident.

"I am the Kyuubi-no-Yoko, the Nine Tailed Fox."

"Oh." Naruto dropped his scared look a stared him in the eye. He knew that it was the Kyuubi's fault that he was hated, based off the names he was called. "You got a name?" The blonde asked.

"What makes you think I have a name?"  The tailed beast asked him.

'Father, I think this is the one...' The giant fox thought.

"I don't know, but there is no way your name is Nine Tailed Fox."

"I refuse to tell you my name."

"Ok.

"I will tell you when you are strong enough to protect yourself."

"Oh... ok then..." the blonde stated.
Then a very loud voice called Naruto's name.

Naruto followed the voice, leaving the Kyuubi alone.

'He may just be the one..." the fox thought to himself.

Naruto walked deeper and deeper into his mindscape. He arrived at a place that was dark, damp, and cold.

There was a lone figure standing in front of the boy, but his back was facing Naruto, so the boy could not see his face.

"Hello, Naruto Uzumaki." The figure said.

"Who are you?" Naruto asked.

"I am the Shinigami, the God of Death."