Chapter 2: The Bringer Of Death

Naruto had many questions. Like what was the Shinigami doing in his mind? Why did the Shinigami want to speak to a six year old boy who didn't even know how to fight?

"I see that you are very confused... let me explain." The god of Death said.

"1000 years ago, before the time of shinobi and hidden villages, the Sage of Six Paths and his brother sealed their mother, Kaguya, inside of the  moon. When they defeated her, they split up. The Sage stayed on Earth, and his brother went to the moon.
They lived there for many years."

Naruto understood, but was still extremely confused.
"What does this have to do with you in my mind?"

The god looked at the blonde with  knowing eyes.

"In time, you will know."

"O-ok..." the boy responded.

"When the Sage's life was coming to an end, he summoned me to speak with him. He told me of his sons, and the battle that had. He told me that his sons were to reincarnate into different people, to continue their battle."

Naruto, who was much smarter then people took him for, understood all his words, but still did not understand what the keeper of souls was in his brain for.

The ancient being continued.

"He asked me to... guide his younger sons reincarnation, for he favored the younger. I told him when I saw it fit, I would act on his word. That time, Naruto, is now."

"So... I'm a reincarnation? Of...of the Sage of Six Paths son!?!? And how will you help me?!?!"

The god of Death walked up to the blonde, and placed his hand on his forehead.

"I am about to bestow a great power on you, Uzumaki. Are you ready?"

A thousand thoughts flew through the child's mind.

"I accept."

And thats when he felt it.

Every soul. Ever.

It felt like everything was on his shoulders.

He then woke up.

"Congratulations, Naruto," The god said in his head.

"You are the Bringer of Death."