1

I love prewritten stories 😂 I feel as though I've accomplished something by posting them but I can't even remember writing the bloody thing and there's no stress over what's to come 👏😂

Thankyou so much for all the love so far everyone ❤️

Alarms blared out like a head splitting scream, waking me up so I jumped into a sitting position suddenly, my hands over my ears and body curled into a defensive ball. I hadn't been ready for it and It took everything in my power not to cry out.

PTSD.

I had been diagnosed a few weeks following my discharge. I'd had a panic attack to the sound of a car alarm going off. In the real world, noises were just that, noises. But at war an alarm like that meant an attack or bombs and I no longer had the strength to hide my fear.

"Hey Fish! McPartlin! Hey roomie! You gotta get on the floor man!" Chatty was sorta whisper yelling in the distance but I couldn't hear it. My breathing had become so fast I started to panic more and hyperventilate until the noise became louder in my head. Only this time it was accompanied by the cries of my brothers and the sound of explosions going off far too close to me that made my body lurch in terror.

"Inmate get on the ground!"

"No it's not his fault, he's new! He's panicking!"

"Shut up and get the fuck down! Inmate I said get on the god damn floor!" The yelling made it impossible to breath and then the hands grabbing me were the last straw as I started to let out loud panicked heaves. I tried to keep my hands over my ears to stop the noise but I couldn't as I was thrown from a great height to the floor and pinned there by rough hands.

"Stop it you idiots he's not okay!"

I tried to struggle through with gritted teeth and closed eyes but I was completely restrained and held down as my rib cage banged against the cold floor.

"Inmate McPartlin calm the fuck down." A deep voice growled shoving my head to the floor and twisting my arm as I cried out in pain.

"Officer Lano what the hell is going on!" Another unfamiliar voice rang in my ear.

"Warden! Sir! He's having a panic attack!" A high pitched voice screeched while I just shook and sobbed.

"Officer Lano get off that Inmate immediately! Someone shut off that bloody alarm!" The new voice boomed. 

Suddenly the weight on me was gone and I instantly scrambled to the nearest corner, hands scratching at my scalp and tears running down my face as my chest heaved out painful and shallow breaths.

"Hey son, look at me. Calm down, you're okay." The same booming voice was talking to me but I couldn't make out his words until suddenly, the alarm was shut off and the place descended into silence.

I tried to take deeper breaths until the bombs exploding around my head seized for a blissful moment and the tortured cries died out into whispers of the voices around me but I was still terrified. "Shush son, you're okay. Calm down for me yeah? George get me some water."

Two hands covered mine to stop the punishing scratching in my scalp and I took a few more deep breaths before slowly opening my eyes. My face draining even more of colour when my brain properly process where we were.