Chapter Two

"Um, hello?" A timid voice says from the door way. I turn toward the person with a smile. The man was in his early thirties and he was handsome. Even though he looked like he probably hadn't got much sleep in a few days, and hadn't shaven, he was well dressed. He had on a creme colored suit and a white tie. He was small (for a man, anyway). His face was a little red as I walk over.

"Hello, sir. My name is Mai Taniyama, you must be Kagame Uto." I hold out my hand and he shakes it with a polite smile on his face, "Why don't you sit down and I'll inform my boss that you're here for your appointment." He nods once and sits down. I let out a small breath and begin to walk to Naru's office.

It's been a while since I had worked under Naru. I've been Madoka's secretary for the past three years, and I'd gotten used to her tendencies. I was also a little nervous at the prospect of speaking to Naru again. The only thing that he's said to me since he got back yesterday was 'Mai, tea.' I mean, for all I know, he could be making fun of me every second. I did confess to the man.

Man.

Heh.

My mind can't process that Naru and I aren't kids anymore. I'm nineteen and Naru just turned twenty on September 19th. I was in my second year of college and was doing remarkably well. I'm majoring in English, Psychology, and Criminal Justice. Considering I plan to stay in this field for the rest of my life, I figured it would help.

I raise my hand to knock on Naru's door but I'm surprised when he opens the door himself. Nonetheless, I greet him with a grin, "Kagame Uto is here for his appointment." He nods and follows me to the sitting area. Lin is already there with his laptop. He glances up when we enter, and blinks at me, before looking back down at his laptop.

Hello to you too Lin.

I mentally roll my eyes and continue along in to the kitchen. I make two cups of coffee and a cup of tea before walking back in to the sitting area. It seems the men had been waiting for me. What gentlemen.

I place Naru's tea in front of him, and do the same with Lin and Uto-san's coffee. Uto-san smiles at me gratefully as he picks up his coffee (I notice his cheeks darken). I smile back at him.

He's so cute... for an older man.

'Hey, hey.' Gene's voice bounces around in my head, 'Remember, I want nieces and nephews.' I blush.

A throat clearing catches my attention and I see Naru glaring at me.

Oops.

I forgot about the interview. I send him a small apologetic smile, and I sit down next to Naru with my white notebook. It was quite amusing, the fact that Naru had a black notebook and I had a white one.

"Uto-san," Naru says with a fake smile, "Why don't you tell me why you've scheduled an appointment with us?"

"Well you see," he begins, holding the coffee cup tightly, "I have a small daughter. She will be six years old in a few days. Up until about a year ago, she was just an average toddler. Although she might be a little rude to new people, she really is a good girl. Most of the time, she just draws in her little notebooks and all over the walls of her bedrooms, no matter how many times I tell her to stop."

He smiles affectionately, before his handsome face changes in to a look of foreboding, "However, lately she's been acting... strange. Normally, she draws things like flowers, or cute little creatures that she calls her friends. But about a month ago, she began to draw creatures that were... terrifying, to say the least. She's been waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares and she'll have bruises that look like finger prints all over her body.