Chapter 1: The Deal

He could still hear the ringing in his ear and taste the dirt in his mouth. Butch still couldn't believe those jackasses Brick and Boomer left without him, leaving him to deal with that dipshit.

 'And to think brothers were supposed to defend each other'  Butch thought bitterly.

His brain was spinning. 

'Just wait until I smack that smug face of Brick's when I get the fuck back in those dorms. Stupid bitch.'

He was pissed. For what reason gave them the right to leave him with 'Miss I Always Want To Pick a Fight With You' Buttercup Utonium with him?

'Stupid bitch.'

Nevermind, he had used that already.

'Maybe I could use some new curse words.'

Right after Delange stops breathing down his neck. 

"You kids can come up with any excuse you want. But kids like you Mr. Jojo-"

"Sure," Butch nodded and placed his bruised hand on his heart, pretending to feel a pang of guilt, " you know the fucking gist, it won't happen again now get out of my face Mr. Clean."

"Excuse me," Delange spat back, eyes narrowing. "Listen here, boy-"

"No," Butch snorted, pointing his finger at the officer, "why don't you listen.

He waited for a response but was only given a stunned stupor. Butch sighed. "Well, if you know what's best for you, I'd recommend you to take you and your bald ass out of here and stop bothering me with your nonsense. You're going to make my brain explode."

By that point, the old man walked away with tense shoulders. It wasn't worth arguing furthermore with the son of your boss, especially when your own job was on the line.

Knowing him, Butch had other 'important' things to do with his time. Like parties, flirting with girls, not going to class, parties....

"See, that's the shit you get for always wanting to stick your nose in places where they shouldn't be at, " he said as he passed by Buttercup, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I'm just looking out for Blossom. But I guess you wouldn't understand seeing how your brothers fled and left you to get shit on by some girl."

Butch stopped in his tracks, a few feet away from Buttercup.

She was the only one who would dare pick a fight with one of the Jojo brothers. Butch remembered Buttercup and her sisters back in middle school. The triplets were like counterparts to him and his brothers. He had taken interest in Buttercup. I mean, who wouldn't? The girl had a big mouth, a whole lot of nerves, and an eccentric personality.

He was reminded of their friendship, until an argument erupted between the two. They were both too immature and way too stubborn to apologize and they distanced, just like that. 

Now, both twenty and in college, all they do is bicker and fight according to their siblings, that is. 

Hands still glued in his pockets, Butch turned around, shooting the girl a hard glare. Buttercup had ditched her short bob and finally let her hair grow long. But her eyes stayed the same unusual lime green shade.

"Are you stupid or are you an idiot?"

She crossed her arms and smirked, showing off her dimple.

"Those are synonyms dickhead."

He squinted at the sunlight. She does this everytime.

"Do you like getting punched in the face?"

"Itching for another fight then Jojo? If so, let's dance."

Buttercup frowns slightly, arms dropping to her side. She takes a step forward.

First Delange and now her. Usually he could handle the heat, hell sometimes he even enjoyed quarreling with the girl, but he wasn't exactly in the mood for it now. The bomb behind Butch's head became too intense, ticking away. 

And boy was it running out of time.

"Like I would tell your nosy ass. All you do is arg-"

"You sure have a lot to say huh." 

It was Buttercup's turn to glare.

"Look I'm just trying to take your hot sister out on a date. So what better way to start off as friends," Butch explained, rolling his eyes, as if stating the obvious.

"Your friend?" Buttercup laughed. "Dude the girl complains about you every day. You bully her one second and the next you're flirting with the girl sitting next to her. I knew you were dense but I didn't think you were slow. If you think pulling on Blossom's 'pigtails' is going to get her to like you, you're not getting yourself anywhere."

Butch perched himself on the hood of someone's car.

"The girl likes someone who thinks with his brain, not his dick."

Butch's attention snapped like a bullet. "So now you're calling me horny. Butterbitch you-"

"Your little redheaded brother's got more of a chance than you do," Buttercup teases, internally laughing as she tortured him. Butch lowered his face.

"The only impressive thing you know are sex posi-"

"Holy shit Utonium," Butch snarled.

All he earns is a cheeky smile from the girl, watching him squirm.

"I don't even think you know what you study on campus, considering the fact that you never go to your classes."

Butch had had enough. That ticking time bomb had finally exploded. Everything about her irritated him right now. Maybe it was her big mouth that always needed someone to hear her opinions or maybe it was her nerve that always itched for a goddamn fight. Or maybe it was just her.

He was already on his feet, the car groaning as he jumped off and stormed over to the girl.

"If you know so fucking much-" Butch growled.

"Of course I know Blossom. She's my sister," Buttercup retorted.

"Stop interrupting me," Buttercup rolled her eyes as she watched the boy fume in his own fury.

"If you're such a know it all, why don't we make a bet?"

A spark of excitement lit up in Buttercup's eyes. Butch knew that Buttercup never backed down from a challenge.

And losing was no exception either.

"That is?"

Butch smirked, leaning forward so that the two were inches from each other.

"You, me, game of pool. If you win, you get to boss me around for the rest of the year. But if I win, you tutor me so I can impress your sister."

Silence fell on them like a thick fog of smoke.

"Deal."