arriving

A week had passed and Erin was packing clothes. Hank returned to Chicago as soon as Erin was released from the hospital. I decided to stay a few more days so I could get to know our son. I was able to convince Erin to go with me to Chicago for a few days. They were going to stay with me. I wanted to show her that we could pick up us where we left off.  If this went as planned, there was a little chance of them moving to Chicago definitely. 

When we arrived, Upton was waiting for me at the airport. I didn't know she knew when I was arriving, it seems like she did. "Erin, how are you?" she said to Erin. "Haley, fine, and you?" she replied. "Mommy, mommy, look!" Justin said as he came running from a toy store inside the airport. When Upton saw Justin, she was shocked. "I didn't know you had a son. When we worked together you never mentioned him" she said. 

"I didn't know about him either then" Erin said, amusingly. "What did you want to show me, buddy?". Justin and Erin went inside so he could show her what he had seen.

"How was the trip? You were able to convince her, I see" Haley said to me. 

"Not really, she is coming for a few days. Depending on how it comes out she may move back." I replied "By the way, Justin is my son"

Upton's face when I told her that was hilarious. She was really shocked. "How? When?" she asked. I laughed so much.