all yours

After shift, everyone was invited to the house to celebrate Justin's fourth birthday. He was really happy about everyone going, including his friend Parker and his father. They had been spending a lot of time together lately. 

As Hank, Haley, Kim, Kevin and the rest of the team arrived, they settled their gifts on the counter so Justin would open them later. The place looked beautiful, Erin had bought a lot of decorations and a big cake. Will arrived with a big package, which Justin was impatient to open it. He begged, so Erin had to let him. It was a shirt of my favourite hockey team, in his size, as well as the whole equipment to play hockey. 

While we were talking to Kim and Ruzek, Hank approached us and said we needed to talk. So we moved away from the rest.

"I've been talking to people in the Ivory Tower, including Chief Lugo. Even though they don't want you back in Intelligence I talked to them and convinced them that you were needed in the team." Hank said. "What does it mean?" I asked, kinda confused. "Erin can come back to Intelligence but only on probation. One little mistake and she is out" he replied. "Oh my god, thanks Hank" she said as she hugged him. I had never seen a wider smile. "Here's the thing. I don't know what is your relationship status, and I don't care, but if you wanna be partners again you gotta talk to Upton yourself" he said, firmly. "Deal" I replied. When Hank left, Erin hugged me and kissed me. She was so happy. "Hey if you wanna be Upton's partner, it's okay. You don't have to..." "Mommyyyy" Justin yelled before we could finish talking. "We'll talk later" she said and headed to where Justin was.

While Erin was talking to Burgess, Upton approached me. "Hey" she said, "Hey" I replied. "So, is she back for good?" she asked me. "Yeah she is" I answered. "And are you happy?" Upton asked. "Yeah I am" I replied as I looked back at Justin who had run towards Erin and now was telling her something to her ear.

A guy I didn't know approached her. It must be Parker's dad I thought. He seemed very friendly...to Erin. Damn sure I needed to talk to him. I walked towards them. "Hey" I said, "Hey" he replied. "So this is Jay, Justin's father. And this is Eric, Parker's father." she said, introducing us. "So you are the hockey lover?" he asked me, I looked confused at him. "Justin told Parker all about it. Maybe one day we could all go to a game." he said. "Yeah sure" I replied, as I put my arm on Erin's shoulders. He looked at it and told us he needed to use the bathroom. "You were jealous" Erin said to me when he left with his know-it-all face. "What? I wasn't" I replied. She laughed and then kissed me softly, saying very closely "You don't have to be jealous, I'm all yours"