permission

"Jay, is everything okay?" Voight asked me.

"Yeah, everything is fine." I replied "Here, I got you a drink"

"Thanks. So what did you want to talk about?" he asked, curiously. 

"I've been thinking about this, a lot. You know, Erin came back 6 months ago" 

"I know" he said as he looked at me, penetraitingly. I knew that look, 'the I know everything that is going on and everything you are thinking' look. 

"So, I want to ask her to marry me. Before you say anything, I know it's fast, and I know that you don't like in house romances. Also, I know you made a big effort accepting the whole Erin and I having a kid, and that you let us work together again. And I'm really grateful for that, you know. But I want to be with Erin for the rest of my life. And I know she wants everybody to believe that she is over the whole asking permission to her father thing, but I know that she would want me to ask for your permission, and that's what I am doing, kinda." I said, hoping he wouldn't throw me to the lake, to never be found. 

"You've got my permission. But don't blew it, or you'll end up in the bottom of the lake." he replied as he extended his hand for me to shake.

"Thanks, Voight" I said.

We drank our drinks and then I headed home where Erin was waiting up for me, while she was ending a movie. Justin was lying next to her in the couch, his head on her lap and she was stroking his hair.