Elf Names With Meanings

60 Cool Elf Names for Baby Boys and Girls

By

Meghna Wani

 -

March 5, 2020

Elves are supernatural human-shaped beings in mythology. They are known for their beauty and mystical powers that humans can only imagine. In many fantasy stories involving elves, we often run into good elves that lead the good guys to victory. If you are looking for some fantastic Elf names, check this list below.

Elvish Names For a Baby Girl with Meanings

1. Aerin

Aerin is a cool Elvish name that comes from the Tolkien language. It is a fancy form of the name Erin, and has the meaning of being ‘ocean’. It is one of the cool elf names.

2. Alfreda

The name Alfreda is an elvish name that comes from the English origin. It is a unique name that simply means ‘counsel’.

3. Alma

It is a cute Elvish name that has the meaning ‘maiden garland with good fortune’.

4. Anna

This Elvish name comes from the Quenya language and is a short and sweet name for baby girls. It has the meaning of being ‘a gift’.

5. Aredhel

Aredhel is a very unique and unusual sounding Elvish name. It comes from the Quenya language and simply means ‘the noblewoman’. This name comes under the category of fantasy elf names.

6. Arwen

It is a rare and uncommon name for a baby girl. It has been derived from the Sindarin language and has the meaning of being ‘a noble maiden’.

7. Aubree

It is a beautiful and unique elvish name that has its origin coming from the French culture and simply means ‘a ruler’.

8. Calen

Calen is a unique Elvish name that has its roots in the Sindarin language. It simply means ‘a green one’.

9. Elanor

This is a very good and an uncommon Elvish girl name for a cute little angel. It comes from the Sindarin language and means ‘sun star’ or ‘the sun’.

10. Elbereth

The name Elbereth comes from the Elvish Sindarin language and has the meaning of being ‘star queen’.

11. Elva

It is a rare and unique elvish name that comes from the English name ‘Elvina’. It has the meaning of being ‘a friend’.

12. Eowyn

This elvish name has its origin in the Tolkien language. It is one of the real elvish names and simply means ‘horse joy’.

13. Estel

This sweet and short name will be perfect for a cute little angel. It comes from the elvish Sandarin language and has the meaning of being ‘hope’ or ‘trust’.

14. Freda

It is an uncommon elvish name that comes from the German name Frida. It means ‘peace’ or ‘tranquillity’.

15. Galadriel

Galadriel is a mighty Elvish name for a baby girl. It comes from the Sindarin language and has the meaning of being ‘one with glittering hair’ or ‘a maiden with radiant hair’.