3. I've Had It With Your Discipline

We grew up so quickly. Or maybe we just wanted to. So we could escape home without being told off for it. Teenage Reggie and Alice, was an adventure all in itself. And we didn't have time to listen to our parents. Reggie was tired of doing the same old thing with his musical skills. He didn't want to just do classical music for the rest of his life. So he stopped going to the academy. And I was tired of listening to my parents fight. Trying to hold onto something that was already gone. Their marriage.

"Okay, today is supposed to be full of fun

"Okay, today is supposed to be full of fun. And you look like hell has frozen over." I looked up at Reggie's soft smile, doing his best to make me feel better. We were going to the fair tonight and I was honestly super excited for it. Tonight was the first night of the beginning of our new adventures to come. Reggie was finally going to go for it and try to get a deal with a label. He's been playing at the local pub, has a band made up and has been blowing everyone away. Now, things are taking off. And he's so hell bent on changing his name. Maybe he's on to something there.

"Sorry! You're right. I've had it with our parents discipline. We're adults now. It's time we act like it." But being an adult entitled a lot of work. So much that we didn't even know was to come so fast. 

"There she is! Crazy Allie. I knew she would hear me out." I rolled my eyes with a huff as we listened to the radio, hearing The Beatles playing over the waves. And who I was massively in love with. Reg was convinced I was a hot mess over George. And maybe..... he's not wrong. Bugger....

"That'll be you someday on that radio Reg. And you'll have me to thank because I'm going to drag your ass into a recording studio or something if I have to. So no more of this nonsense of settling for what you think you should, when you deserve the world. And your name in lights." He's got more talent than anyone I know. He's bloody brilliant. And I just wish he could see it the way I do.

"Tell that to my dad. He thinks it's a waste of time. That I'm throwing my whole life away. You know, because I'm a crazy rocker with no sense of accomplishment." I softly wrapped my arm around his shoulder, just hearing the slight hurt in his tone. He really did care what his dad thinks. And I wish he wouldn't. Because his dad clearly has no idea how amazing his son truly is. And just what he'll become. I can feel it.

"It'll work out Reg. Just don't doubt yourself so much. Someone will see just what you're made of. And then? The whole world will. And they'll love you." I ruffled his hair, earning the evil eye he always sends me, making me chuckle. It's literally like having a brother. The best brother a girl could have ever asked for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That night was wild. I made out with some random dude that was hell bent on getting in my pants. Elton and I rode the Ferris wheel so many damn times. We drank too much. We ate to our heart's content. It was..... amazing. A night we haven't had in a long time." I couldn't keep the smile off my lips from the mere memories. We escaped the pub because as usual, a fight broke out. So we ducked out the window and ran. And didn't look back. We laughed the entire way. And the fair? Was just what we needed to kick off our new life. We had no idea just how much things were going to change. Or what exactly would happen. Or even just how many snakes would enter our lives. Like John..... that prick made me want to kill him day in and day out.

"What the fuck happened to us Allie?" Elton's little joking tone and smile, had the whole group laughing

"What the fuck happened to us Allie?" Elton's little joking tone and smile, had the whole group laughing. They would be so surprised from the stories that Elton could tell them. He's been in plenty of crazy situations. But yet, here he is. Alive. Still standing. He fought. That's why. And he's so strong for that. The brother I've always known.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wait..... did I see what I think I just saw? You..... kissing that guy? Tell me everything!" I didn't mean to overwhelm him. But I was so damn curious. And once I get going, there's no stopping me. But he looked more surprised than anything.

"I uh

"I uh.... didn't mean to. It just sorta happened is all." I just hugged him. And my smile was massive. He was so incredibly nervous but yet, had no reason to be. It's me he's talking to after all. I've known. I've always known. And I'm just glad he's finally started to live the way he wants. And do what makes him happy. Being himself.

"Reg.... you don't have to lie to me. It's okay. You have nothing to worry about. He's cute." I winked at him, surprising him even further. It's new to both of us. But everyone should be able to be happy the way they want, with whoever they want. All I ever want is to see him happy. Truly happy. We aren't kids anymore. It's time we discover who we really are.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We ended up growing up so quickly. We threw ourselves into the world, took it by storm. And then it took us and hung us out to dry. But to be honest, we had to learn somehow I suppose.

"Hello beautiful. May I say, you make even sweeping the floor look fantastic." I practically jumped for joy at the sight of Bernie. Elton was mopping and I was sweeping. Can you imagine that? Me neither!

"Are you here to break us free? Oh my prince!" I jumped into his arms upon his chuckle filling my ears so sweet and calming like. I always felt on top of the world when I'm with him. I never thought I'd fall for anyone to be honest. I was always scared to. Mostly because I thought I would screw it up with my issues. But Bernie? Is a angel. He didn't want to give up on me. Even when I deserved it. But to be honest, Elt and I have been doing pretty good so far. We have each other to lean on. Just like we always have.

"Hold up! Let me join in on this hug. You can't do it without me." We all three laughed with our arms wrapped around each other in a huge group hug. And I felt at home. Right where I belonged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!! So what do you think of the story so far? I hope you enjoy it. There's so much more to come. Thank you so much for reading. 🥰