9. Out Of Sight

"Elt, Bernie, have I mentioned just how much I love you both....? I mean, look at this place!" My eyes traveled anywhere and everywhere they possibly could, catching glimpses of fashionable people roaming about the streets of sunny LA, feeling completely swept up in the notion that this was happening, it was no longer a dream. America. The first time we ever embarked on such a journey. And I was not prepared for what was to come. Not by a long shot.

"I just can't believe we're here...." I looked to the happy face of Elton looking excitedly out the window, then to Bernie and I with anticipation of what was to come at the Troubadour we were quickly approaching.

"And looking as stylish as they come. Huh boys?" I threw my arms around their shoulders with chuckles escaping us, sitting perfectly in the middle of them both. My brother and best friend since the dawn of time. And the man that quickly stole my heart and took it captive, meaning so incredibly much to me. I'm usually not the romantic type. But he's doing something to me that I can't even begin to explain. And honestly? I like it.

"So Ray, Doug is a cool guy?" I've heard so much about him that it feels like I practically already know the man. He's the owner of the fabulous Troubadour and a very respected man in the music business. So many stars have performed there. And my best friend is going to be one now. How mental is that?

"Doug is the most chill man you could possibly meet. He loves what he does. So this being Elton's first gig is tremendous." I smiled at him as his eyes scanned us three in the back. Ray is practically part of our little family already. If it wasn't for him, we would never have met Bernie. And also, we wouldn't be here, in America for the world to finally hear what these two are really made of. The level of talent between them, is going to blow the world away.

"Oh Elton look! Your face is on the building. I repeat, your face is on the building!" I practically flung the car door open once we came to a halt in front of the Troubadour, gazing in awe at the poster advertising Elton's gigs for the next two nights. I just couldn't take my eyes away from the poster. "Elton John" was written so boldly, letting everyone know just who he is. Being proud is only the start of it. Is this real?

"Have I said how beautiful you look?" Bernie's hand trailed softly down my exposed back, sending those tingles down my back I get with each touch of his hand

"Have I said how beautiful you look?" Bernie's hand trailed softly down my exposed back, sending those tingles down my back I get with each touch of his hand. Those toe curling sensations are eating me alive. And the sexual tension was there in full force.

"Breathe Al....I don't need you down for the count on my big night." Elton walked past me with a wink from seeing the exchange Bernie and I just had, watching him casually walk into the Troubadour like he wasn't just being the worlds biggest tease. I'm a lost cause. So I followed behind before I made a fool of myself, not disappointed what so ever with what I was greeted with once walking through those doors. The stage was set and ready to go just about, people were bustling around, abuzz with the sight of Elton.

"Friends of Dick! Welcome." I smiled so full of excitement watching Ray and Doug exchange words and a hug, my eyes traveling all over the room and the people LA had to offer. This place is incredible. I listened to the conversations sparked between Elton and Doug, looking over at the bar, just admiring the many things lined on the wall, instantly looking to Bernie once I saw the cowboy hat.