Chapter 43: We Are WHAT?!

"Hazel eyes...but how come does he look exactly like me? Ugh, my head is paining. It's better if I grab a drink." The guy with emerald eyes thought and went inside a bar.

"Hey!" Maple back hugged him.

"Leave me! I'm not your girlfriend!" He pushed him.

"Then be." Maple stated.

"What?!"

"My boyfriend!"

"What are you? Homo?" He asked, disgustedly.

"What?! Nah, not at all! Let's be friends at least." He winked at him.

"I don't like to be friends with Perverts" he said.

"Dude, I'm not a pervert. What can I do if all the girls are after me? Well, it's because of my handsome face, of course." He said with pride. "Hey, by the way, don't be mad at me! What's your name?"

"What do you think?"

"Um...Apple?" Maple asked.

"Huh? Idiot, is your name Papel?" He asked.

"Not exactly, it's Maple. How did you figure it out?"

"You know, I've a thing which is called brain and I use it." That guy smirked.

"Apple rhymes with Maple, Like that?" Maple gave a huge smile. "But why Papel?"

"I can see through you."

"What?!" Maple blushed.

"I mean, your brain. I can read it." He said with sarcasm.

"Oh, Apple is very smart."

"Don't you dare call me Apple, it's disgusting. My name is Loraine." Loraine replied with a cold tone.

"But Maple and Loraine doesn't rhyme!" Maple pouted.

"Exactly, neither should we. So, leave me, you, my lookalike pervert!" Loraine went out of the bar and started walking in the empty streets.

"Maple! Is that you?!" A couple rushed towards him and hugged him as he came out of the bar to follow Loraine. Loraine turned back and quickly hid behind the building to eavesdrop them.

"Hey beautiful lady, how are you?" Maple asked.

"I'm fine, dear. Just went out for shopping with your uncle. What about you?" The lady asked.

"I'm fine."

"Why are you here?" The man asked.

"Uncle, I-I-I went to a friend's house." He nervously smiled.

"Long time no see, dear." The lady smiled.

"Yeah , grandma told me that you came to meet me once when I was 5 years old, handsome baby." Maple winked.

"Yes, how is grandma?" The lady asked.

"She is not well. Quite sick nowadays, but the nurses are taking care of her." He replied sadly.

"I hope she'll be fine. I'm missing mom so much. After that incident, our whole family separated." The man said, and almost started crying.

"Excuse me!" Loraine said, appearing in front of them.

"Loraine?" The lady asked.

"How do you know him mom?" Loraine asked.

"He's your youngest cousin, Maple." The man said and Loraine started coughing.

"He is WHAT?!" He shouted.

-to be continued...

Maple x LoraineHelberg[CITY HEART Afterlife]

Maple x Loraine
Helberg
[CITY HEART Afterlife]