What About a Poetry Contest?

Heyya! How are y'all are doing? I was thinking that it might be a good idea if I host a poetry contest

Heyya! How are y'all are doing? I was thinking that it might be a good idea if I host a poetry contest. What do you think?

The topic will obviously be on CITY HEART! And it can be on the original book, or the fan-fiction(this one). It might be on a single scene, or the whole plot!

Be creative on what you write.

So, the contest starts from 1st October 2020, 12:00 am IST and it will end on Halloween, that means, 31st of October is the last date.

I know you all are having exams that's why I extended the last date. If you need more time, then you can inform me by PM-ing in my inbox. There's no pressure, so take your time writing the poem.

It can be any sort of poem.

• Rhymed Poetry

• Free Verse

• Narrative Poetry— A narrative poem tells a story.

• Haiku— A haiku is a three-line poetic form originating in Japan. The first line has five syllables, the second line has seven syllables, and the third line again has five syllables.

• Sonnet— A sonnet is a 14 line poem, concerning the topic of love. Sonnets contain internal rhymes within their 14 lines.

• Elegies— An elegy is a poem that reflects upon death or loss. Traditionally, it contains themes of mourning, loss, and reflection.

• Ode— Much like an elegy, an ode is a tribute to its subject, although the subject may not be dead .

• Limerick— A limerick is a five-line poem that consists of a single stanza, an AABBA rhyme scheme, and whose subject is a short tale or description.

• Lyric Poetry— Lyric poetry refers to the broad category of poetry that concerns feelings and emotion. That makes the poetry more like a song, with simple words.

• Ballad— A ballad is a form of narrative verse that can be either poetic or musical. It represents a melodious form of storytelling. And it has rhyme scheme, like songs.

• Soliloquy— A soliloquy is a monologue in which a character speaks to himself or herself, expressing inner thoughts that an audience might not otherwise know.

If you don't know what AABBA is, I'll tell you. It's a type of rhyme scheme.
For example,

Cat (A)
Sat (A)
Hot (B)
Not (B)
Pat (A)

To be more specific, let's read the following poem:

Once I did hear my brother call
The sun a giant fire ball.
How can that be?
For what I see,
Is something up high so small.

But it can have several stanzas:

Once I did hear my brother call
The sun a giant fire ball.
How can that be?
For what I see,
Is something up high so small.

I see it at the break of dawn,
When it announces the day is on.
Its brilliant gold,
A joy to behold,
And being outside is so much fun.

John might be right, for I must say,
The sun is not so cool at midday.
Its shining light
Is just so bright,
I have to pull my eyes away.

Evening comes and it's so strange
How the sun still appears to change.
No longer small,
A bigger ball.
Its tone, now a lovely bright orange!

This curious ball hanging up high,
For me, raises many questions why.
But when it shines,
Then life is fine.
Thank God the sun is in the sky.

Or you know what? There can be another type of poetry! In your style! Be creative! Be you! There are endless possibilities. So you never know what you might discover!

You can submit your piece of art to me by mail

itsmistar@gmail.com

Go to my profile and you'll get the link in my bio ItsMistar

Contest starts on: October 1st 2020, 12:00am IST
Ends on: November 1st 2020, 12:00am IST ( Arorhea's birthday :)

Last date of submission: Anytime you want, just let me know

And for the prizes, I'm not sure what should we give the winner. What do you think should we prize the winners?

• Comment • Comment • Comment! •

Rules:

1. Your poem has to be unique and not copied from someone else.
2. Do NOT comment your poem.
3. Don't be rude. Be nice to each other.
4. Do NOT PM us to make you the winner. True talent will be appreciated.
5. Don't feel bad if you think your poem is not as it has turned out to be. You can send me that, plus, if you write another one, you can also send that! Two or more entries are acceptable.

What are you waiting for? Get to work.

Do tell me if you're participating.

All the - best - of luck:)
Ember will be reading all of your writings ♡

All the - best - of luck:)Ember will be reading all of your writings ♡