Eighteen

Tris' PoV

I think I gave away my Divergence, really subtlety. Shit. We go back to playing C or D. "Will, C or D?" He mockingly thinks. "Dare, duh," he states the obvious. "Um... I dare you to try find an instrument, and play it." Most of the instruments in Dauntless are only used to the stage-wreck-thing. When Will returns, half an hour later, he plays the guitar (acoustic) well. Of course he does, he probably learnt it in Erudite. "Where did you find the guitar?" Will gives a small secret smile, and we laugh. "Nate, C or D?" Will asks, and we watch Nate. "Truth?" He says, and Uriah mutters "Pansycake". I don't shout at him, because Nate is truly a pansycake. "Christina told me that you watched people kiss after the zipline, care to tell about it?"

Will's PoV

Well Nate deserves this after being a perverted weirdo. Tris and Four look at each other, worriedly. "Well... um... I was looking around and in the corner of my eye I saw so-called 'Six and Four' kiss, and I also heard their real names." Tris looks at the floor, cheeks red, and Four looks like he can kill. Nate is also red. Well, this was unexpected.

When the party's over:

Four is drunk, and Tris has to drag him to their apartment. Chris and I had a beer or two, but we aren't drunk, yet. Nate, I believe, is afraid of Four, now. Bec and Hera had a great night, and (I still can't believe this:) Bec kissed Hera's cheek. Also we found Eric and Peter making out, and we ran away, awkwardly.

Four's PoV

I am scared I am going to become like my abusive father. Especially to Nate, who knows who I really am. I talk to Tris, about this, and she sighs. "Tobias, you are better than your father, he was cruel, and I know you aren't," she explains. "What if I have a bad day at work, and take it out on you? Or Nate winds me up, and I come home frustrated and you somehow tick me off?" I say, think of more possibilities, with my lower lip wobbling. "I have no scars on me because of you. I know you are not like him, Tobias." I smile a little, and Tris uses the palm of her hand to wipe the tears away from my face.