Who she is

I nearly gasped when I heard her name, but concealed it, just like always. "Jessie Calaron? Really?" She nodded slowly, still obviously frightened. I let her go. "You sound familiar. Why? Are you an old friend I used to know, or an enemy?" The confusion showed greatly on her face.

"I don't know. I mean, you look familiar, too, but I don't know why," she said timidly. I shrugged, but inside, I knew who she really was, but not why she was here.

"Why did you come here?"  I asked.

She hesitated a while, looking like she didn't want to talk about it. "You know what, never mind. We will talk about it later, though." She looked relieved, and I felt a rush of warmth, but still didn't show it."Are your parents going to be looking for you?"

She burst into tears at that. "No. My dad died four and a half years ago, and my mom, well, she tried to kill me, so I ran away, looking for help and safety. So no one is looking for me." I stared at her.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, and I crumpled to the ground, sobbing. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up. "Why are you crying? It had nothing to do with you. I don't even know you. 

"Jessie. We're sisters. Is dad, is dad really gone?" My voice cracked and tears blurred my vision.

"Well, he has to be. He disappeared half a year after you ran away, perhaps looking for you. I never saw him again."

I composed myself, ashamed that I had done that, broke down at something simple. "So there's a chance he's alive? Good. Well, maybe he shall find me, just as you did." I smiled faintly, then let it drop.

She hugged me. "I missed you. I thought that you had died. I thought I would never see you again." I hugged her back stiffly."What do we do now?"

"We stay here, hunt, and live, just as I have done all these years." I said instantly.

"But, aren't we going out to look for our father? What if he's alive, but needs help? What if he's hurt?"

"I can't leave here. I have never done it before. I will wait here. I have been waiting to see if anyone would really find me. If he is dead, he won't come. If he is alive, well, he won't rest until he finds me, so, eventually, he will come across here, just as you did." I saw her point, but, I have done this for so many years, and I could do it now.

"We need to go and trade. I just realized, we need clothes for you too."

She nodded slightly, still in a bit of a shock. We walked towards the trading center. I just hoped that all would go smoothly this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took me so long to update. I had a bit of writers block. Please tell me what you think. If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them. If you have any guesses on what might happen in the story, please, guess away, let others know what you think.