five - ded

Y/n immediately deactivated their guns, and midoriya punched them.

"you know, that's the thing about those big fancy group villain guns, they're activated when your boss wants them to be, so I was able to deactivate those too, baka," she said confidently before the three ran towards the control room quietly.

"there it is," midoriya stopped them, and they stood behind a wall.

Y/n and melissa gasped quietly in sync.

"papa?"

"dave?"

"oh it is-?"

"why is he on the top floor?" melissa questioned, immense amount of concern lacing her face.

"did the villains bring him here to force him to do something?" midoriya asked.

"we have to save him," y/n interjected.

They then started to slowly walked in, and overheard their conversation.

"i was able to unlock it, go to block 1147," dave said, smiling.

"o-okay!" sam obeyed, opening it. "you did it, professor! everything is here."

"yes, I have finally gotten it back," dave said, clenching his fist, "this device and research are the only things I would never give to anyone. I'll never give them up."

Sam then started walking down the stairs, "everything is going according to plan, isn't it? It looks like the villains are doing well too."

"villains?" y/n thought to herself.

"thankyou," dave said as he rushed across the room, "it was all because you arranged everything for me same."

"papa."

"dave what the fuck?"

Suddenly, dave and sam turned towards them, noticing their arrival.

"m-melissa, y/n..." dave said shocked.

"misses, what are you two doing here?" sam asked.

"what do you mean 'arranged'?" melissa asked, slowly walking in, "papa, dont tell me you're the one behind this incident? in order to get that device?"

"dave, is it true?" y/n asked, getting angry, compared to melissa, who looked like she was about to cry.

"it is."

"okay what the fUCK DAVE?!?!" y/n yelled.

"what...? why?" melissa questioned.

"the professor is only trying to get back what was stolen from him," sam spoke, "the groundbreaking invention that mechanically amplifies quirks"

"it amplifies quirks?" midoriya asked.

"yes, it is still in testing, but with this device, unlike with drugs, quirks can be amplified without affecting the body. However, the sponsors confiscated this invention and research data. The research itself, was also frozen," he said sadly, "if it a made known to the world, then the structure of superhuman society would change drastically. Fearing that, governments from different nations put pressure on him. That's why the professor.."

"no..." melissa mumbled, "this is a lie, isn't it papa? tell me its a lie"

"its not a lie"

"this doesn't make sense. the papa i know would never do anything like that. so why! why??" melissa started getting upset.

"it's for my dad isn't it...?" y/n asked quietly.

Everyone's eyes widened, while dave looked down.

"it's because his quirk levels have been going down, right?" she said, gritting her teeth, "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS!" y/n yelled.

"if he uses my device then it can go back to normal!" he defended himself.

"no it wouldn't! You need to let his quirk and body deal with this naturally," she said, getting upset. No matter how hard a person tried, with midoriya having one for all, there was nothing she or anybody could do to amplify it.

"please, please just let me hand this device to all might," he begged, grabbing the case, "there's no time to remake it. After he gets it, I dont care what kind of punishment I receive."

"they risked their lives!" melissa butted in, starting to raise her voice, "what do you think deku and his classmates went through to save the hostages!!?"

"what is the meaning of this..? the villains were fake," dave asked, confused, "it should've all been an act."

"of course it was an act!" Everyone turned to see two villains behind them, "an act pretending to be fake villains."

Midoriya reacted immediately, but so did the villain, who moved some metal and slammed him against the wall, "stay there quietly for a bit, sam, where's the device?"

Sam then grabbed the device from Dave and ran over to the villain, handing it off. "Don't tell me, from the beginning... you were planning on giving the device to the villains all along?"

"you're the one who tricked me," sam replied, "I served you for so long but you let your research be frozen so easily, and the honor we were supposed to get all went away. If I didn't get at least some money then it was a waste of my time," he said, shaking in self shame.

The villain then spoke, "here's he reward I promised you," lifting up a gun.

bang.

"sam!" melissa said, y/n was just silent from shock.

"wh-why?" sam asked, as he quivered on the floor, holding his shoulder that now had a bullet in it, "this isn't what you promised!"

"promised? I dont remember," the villain smiled, "this is your reward."

bang.

Y/n jumped in front of the gun, a new hole in her back.

"y/n- why?" sam questioned.

"run away sam," she groaned in pain.

"Y/N!!" Melissa screamed as she ran towards them, only to get hit back by the villain.

The villain then stepped on y/n's back, making her yelp in pain, and tearing the wound open even more.

"trying to be a hero? just like your father, huh?" the villain taunted.

And that was the last thing y/n heard.

--

sorry for the short chap-