Chapter four

Oswald had disappeared that evening with his men on a mission of sorts, Nina had no idea what, which left Nina to roam the club without a care in the world. After four drinks she had started to feel the effect of the whiskey and was dancing with a few others on the floor. Riddler found her and whispered in her ear as he stood behind her.

“Who are you Nina?”

“Does it matter?” She answered, turning around to face him. She took his empty hand, the other graced with a tumbler glass filled with a finger of whiskey and an ice cube. She led him back out the door he had found her earlier and she kissed him passionately. When she pulled away, he was in such a state of shock that he dropped his glass, it smashing on the floor.

“Whoops.” She said, looking down at the glass.

She looked back up at Riddler's mask and went to touch the edge of the purple plastic.

“How can you ask who I am when I don't even know your name?”

He smiled at her and took her hand, pulling it away from the mask.

“Edward. I'm Edward Nigma.”

“Pleasure to meet you Edward.” She shook the hand she was already holding.

Edward pulled her close and kissed her once more, returning her gesture.

It was a hot and heavy kiss, one that ignited a flame in her belly.

She hadn't been kissed like that since Oswald had told her that he loved her. She broke away from the kiss.

“I'm sorry Edward, I can't lead you on like this.”

He had a lost puppy look to him that caused Nina to stop in her tracks, she couldn't leave him like that.

“Edward you have to understand, Oswald, the Penguin, owns me, if I step one foot out of line and I'm dead. Do you see my conundrum?”

“Yes.” He sighed. Then he extended a finger into the air in an 'aha' moment, “but I am the master of puzzles and this situation is nothing but a puzzle for me to solve.”

Nina took Edward's hand.

“I'm not a puzzle to solve Edward, I'm a person, with feelings, you can't mess me about. If you can find me a better place to live where I'm not trapped and a solution to my depression then sure, solve my puzzle my dear Riddler.”

He smiled at her mischeviously.

“Until next time.”

He kissed her, pulling her into a tight embrace and then left, disappearing into the dark of the Gotham night. She didn't know when she'd see him again but she hoped that it would be soon.

A/n I will be hopefully updating this soon, but the next day I have off work is not until christmas eve now so it may be a case of waiting until then to update.