x.3.x

I pulled into the lot of the local drugstore, taking the key out of the ignition as soon as we were parked.

"What do you need to get from here, anyways?" I asked Michael. "Hair dye" , he said while holding the door open for me. I gave him a puzzled look, wanting him to elaborate.

"This color is getting boring. It's time for a change." he said matter-of-factly. I simply nodded. "So what color are we getting for you Mr. Clifford", I asked while tussling his hair a bit. He sent me a playful glare, but responded. "Not sure yet. I had this idea of a reverse skunk kind of thing. Like blonde all around and a black streak in the middle?"

I nodded, liking the idea. We then picked out the appropriate dyes and headed to the counter.

Once the dye was paid for, we hopped back into my car, and sped down the road. I looked over and noticed an odd expression on his face. "Are you okay Michael?" He gave me a crazed look and said, "Um I don't mean to offend you, but are you aware how horrendous your driving skills are?"

I bursted out in uncontrollable laughter. "My driving is flawless thank you very much". His head then snapped up. "Are you joking? You almost hit a cat, ran two red lights, and drove up on the curb." I chuckled, "I think you're overreacting sir".

He replied with a whatever, and then gave me the rest of the directions to his flat. Once we were parked we headed up the stairs to his floor.

"So this is my place. Sorry if it's not what you were expecting." It was no mansion. But it had a comforting vibe that invited me in even more. "No I love it. It's really nice." I said. I began walking around taking the whole place in.

"You hungry? I can order a pizza or something." I chuckled. "Michael it's 9:00 in the morning." He rolled his eye. "Perfect time for pizza, I think."

"Whatever, but I want pepperoni." He agreed, and ordered it.

"Let's get started on my hair, shall we?"

___________________________

It took just about two hours, but Michael's hair looked fantastic to say the least.

We were currently sitting on his sofa, eating pizza and watching movies. "So", he began. "What's your story?" I looked at him a bit puzzled. "My story?"

"Yeah. Tell me something amazing about yourself. Something exciting."

"Well there's not much to tell Clifford. I'm pretty bleak if you ask me." He shot me an unbelieving look. "I honestly doubt that. Come on! Tell me your interests. Your hobbies. Your weird fetishes that no one knows about.". He continued, while moving closer to me. I thought for a moment before speaking.

"I find German death metal to be quite interesting. I draw. And I have a strange obsession with the colors black and purple. Does that tame your burning desires now?" He laughed a bit. "I would like to know more." I sighed. "Like what Michael?"

"Tell me about your family. Your ancestors. Are your parents still together?"

I tensed a bit. Family was a touchy subject for me, but somehow I trusted him like no one I had ever told any secret to.

"My dad is dead. He overdosed a year ago. I have six other siblings-" "What's they're names." He suddenly asked.

"Um Niko, Dylan, Ashlyn, Mali-koa, Phoenix, and Calum."

"Calum Hood?"

I let out an exasperated breath, "Yes. The Calum Hood. He's my older brother. I can't stand him. He's a drunk and a drug addict."

"Yeah. I know who he is and what he does. I just didn't know he was your brother." "How do you know him?"

He chuckled. "I believe we're still telling your story babe. Tell me about your dad. What was he like?"

My heart lit up at the mention of my father. His addiction didn't keep him from being the apple of my eye. "He was inspiration. My muse. My mom always favored the rest of my siblings, though she denies it to this day. But my dad and I always had this strong connection that no one could understand. When he died I was so lost. I mean he was my best friend for fucks sake. As embarrassing as that is."

And then he did something that I would never forget. He didn't apologize. No 'sorry for your loss'. No pity. He just understood.

"So now you know me. What's your story, Clifford?"