eleven

A/N: This chapter includes some abuse themes. Read as you may

As the sun was rising so was I.  I ran to the toilet and puked up last nights mistake. Memories from last night flooded my mind, I crawled over to my pager that was going off. It read 'You can call in sick '. I was not going to call in sick I took some medicine to help with the killer headache I was experiencing.

I needed a distraction. I  pulled myself of the floor and into the shower. The warm water rinsed all the sweat and tears away. I got out the shower, brushed my teeth and got dressed. I wore black jeans and a particularly ugly Christmas sweater. It was Thursday in December. I put on my coat and got on the bus. Today the sun was out yet it was still cold.  It was warm enough to melt a bit of snow.

I strolled into the office and signed in ignoring the sharp glares from Ava. I got our coffee's and went on upstairs. He looked shocked to see  me coming towards his office. He started laughing at my sickly expression. I rolled his eyes at him. "I told you to call in sick" He said while grabbing his coffee. "Yeah well I'm not you" I bantered. I sat in that chair in front on his desk drinking my own coffee.

"What's that" I was referencing to the gift basket sitting just behind his desk. "Oh right, I have a little book signing for Before it Ends and this was just a thank you basket. You want it?" he picked up the basket and set it on his desk. "Yes, gimme" I grabbed the basket and admired it. It was filled with Christmas candy and candles.

"Oh and here I got you a new name tag with your name spelled right. But the picture I couldn't fix. Ava was being a arse" He passed me the name tag. I was put off at first. "Wow thank you so much". He gave me a half grin. "Are you just being nice because of what I told you". He looked taken aback. "Can't I just be nice to you without you acting dodgy".

I didn't want to be treated in any special way  because of my past. He shook my comment off. "Can you just email a thank you letter to the guy who sent this". He took a chug at his coffee. "As you wish" I went to my desk that was set up right outside his office.

-

H

I scolded himself for caring for her. She obviously didn't know how to accept anyone caring for her. Because she was here I'd have to take her to the book signing. I packed up my stuff and headed out his office and passed her desk. "Come on we're going to Philadelphia" He stated.

She quickly grabbed her coat and belongings and followed me into the elevator. We went all the way to the Lower level where everyone parked there cars. I stepped out looking around the parking lot. "What are you looking for" She asked sounding confused. "My town car. It's supposed to be here waiting for us" I said while simultaneously pulling out my phone. I was calling Scott.

"Scott where's the bloody town car" I was starting to get  anxious. The thought of me driving again gave me anxiety. Scott informed me that my personal driver was out sick and I'd have to find a way to get there. It was the last Book signing I had to for this book. "Just take one of the other company cars. The valet people should have the key. Maybe it's time Harry". Scott said sincerely. I scoffed and hung up. "Mr. Styles are you okay" She took a step towards me. I turned around to face her worrisome  face.

"I don't drive. Haven't since that night" I shook my head in frustration. "I don't mind driving" She shrugged.  "It's a 2 hour drive. Are you sure" I asked. There she was being the sweet girl that she was.

This gesture meant a lot to me. "Yeah, I don't mind. If you're not ready, you're not ready". She gave me another smile before walking over to the valet area to get the keys. This girl  I thought to myself while getting into the car. "Buckle up". She said. Which made me smile at her little comment.

30 minutes into the quiet ride she finally broke the silence. "I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. Sometimes I don't know how to handle people being nice to me" She apologized. "I see that" I joked. Back to the comfortable silence. I was still trying to understand her situation with that guy.

"Oh and I want to say thank you for bringing me home last night. I usually don't drink like that" Her hand tightened on the steering wheel. "If you don't mind me asking how long were you in a relationship with him"? She took a deep breath. "2 years off and on". Silence followed after her comment.

"You're probably wondering why I stayed in a abusive relationship that long" She started. I was thinking that but I wasn't going to say it out loud. "The first time he hit me I broke up with him. But when my mom got diagnosed he was there and started from there. Some days was great, He was great. We'd go on picnics and he'd take me restaurants and we'd pretend to be critics. It was when he got drunk he'd go mad. But then he'd apologize and it was back to the romantic stuff, Next thing you know 2 years had passed by just like that.

-

J

I didn't know why I was opening up to him. He was a great listener though . I felt his forest green eyes staring at me as a go ahead to continue. And so I did. "After my mom died I left him." . She stopped at the red light and wiped her tears she didn't know was there.

That's all I could tell him for now. "I moved to Manhattan with my friend Harper. He promised not  to follow me here or I'd call the cops but...He didn't listen" I wiped my eyes before starting to drive again.  "I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. No one deserves that Jenny".

3rd POV

Harry wanted to hug her until she was better. Two broken hearts trying to mend each other. For the rest of the ride there was a comfortable silence. Jenny felt a sense of relief by opening up a bit. She hasn't talked about that day since it happened. She blocked it out. Here she was trying to get Harry help when she needed help herself
-
If you are being avoided and you need help contact the domestic abuse hotline. 1-800-799-7233.