twenty-seven

All weekend I thought about what that girl told me. I decided not to talk to Harry about the rumors even if it is true. I've just been cold, even when he kept asking me what was wrong. I had to suppress my feelings for him I'm not ready for a relationship. But then when I'm around him and I look into his forest green eyes and I hear his accent I forget about everything else and I just want to be with him. But why. Kai's face is healing so he wouldn't look to bad on his first day. I made a mistake in telling Harper about what I heard because now she's pissed, and she has to interview him. I got ready for work then proceeded to wake Kai up which took forever. But finally he was up and we carpooled with Harper to Writers Inc.. 

"I swear if he was going to do that to you. I would've cut his-". "HARPER!". "Stop yelling, it's too early" Kai mumbled but I ignored him. He's not a morning person. "What? I'm just saying if he tried anything without your consent I would've made sure he never walked again". "He wouldn't do nothing like that. He's a gentle person". "That can't keep it in his pants" She retorted. I hope she doesn't blow this interview, this is for her job. And I know she'd do anything for me. "Harper just please be nice to him. Don't mess up this interview, this is your job". She sighed. "Fine, I just want to get this over with".

As we walked in I set Kai up with Ava to get a name tag. Then I walked Harper over to the elevator so she can start the interview she has other things to do. I walked back to Kai who seemed to be flirting with Ava. What do they see in her. Yeah she's pretty, and is skinnier. Whatever. "Come on Kai, don't wanna be late" I grabbed his arm and started walking to the Custodians office. "Well that was rude, I was just about to get her number". I rolled my eyes at him. "Jealousy is not a good look on you". I ignored him and continued walking him to the destination. "Have a great first day" I said before going back to the elevator  and pressing the up button. I was not jealous of her. I'm glad I'm not that skinny, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I turned my head to look at her applying lipstick with her phone camera. She was pretty, I can't compete, I won't compete. I swiveled my head to the elevator opening, I got in and pressed the top floor. When I got to the office Harper was already interviewing Harry. Her job is to interview Scott because he's CEO then interview someone who works there. I guess she's interviewing  Harry first because Scott was standing outside of the office. "Good morning Jenny". "Good Morning".  We watched through the window as Harper interviewed Harry. He looked a bit more dressed up then usual. Every once in a while he'd glance up at me which was weird. I hope the interview was going good and that she wasn't being mean.

About 10 minutes later the interview was over and Harper walked out with a blank look on her face but immediately put on a smile when she regarded Scott. "Okay so now I can interview you, where ever is fine". "Alright well we can do it in my office" He guided her in the direction. Harper briefly waved goodbye as she left. I looked back to his office where he stood looking back at me with a weird look on his face that I couldn't decipher. He waved for me to come in. I was just about to when  I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see that girl from yesterday. "Jenny was it" She asked. "Yeah, Hi" I was still irritated from her assumption. "Hey, so I felt really bad for yesterday and I just wanted to say sorry again and I will edit his book again". A weak smile came upon her face. "Thank you and it's fine. I'm over it". She smiled again before walking off.

Finally I walked into his office. "What did Thalia want" He asked. "She just said that she'll be your editor again" He sighed "Better her than someone new to understand the way I want this book to turn out". I nodded "So how was the interview". He widened his eyes a bit. "Well it was weird. I thought Harper liked me but during the interview she was so uninterested in what I had to say". "Oh" At least she didn't say anything mean to him. Or told him what I heard. "Interesting enough at the end of the interview she told me to keep it in my pants" He folded his arms. It felt like my heart stopped. God Harper. I didn't say a word.  I'll just wait till he says something. Finally he spoke. "Is this about Ava kissing me, what is it".  "No I don't care, we're not dating." I mumbled.

"Then what is it, this can't effect work. So just get it out". "Do you sleep with all of your assistants". I scoffed "And who told you that" He folded his arms back. "Do you, Or do you not" I demanded slightly raising my voice. "No, it's just rumors my own former assistants made and that's why they were fired, they didn't quit". I suddenly felt stupid, I should've just asked him about it. When did I become so insecure in a relationship. I was never insecure about Todd cheating. I felt bad for whoever was associated with him in general. "I'll page you if I need anything". I didn't say anything I just left and sat at my desk. And that's where I spent the rest of my day fiddling with my thumbs. He gave me no tasks he just typed at his computer. All day..

Damn. Well uhh hope you enjoyed