𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

warning: sensitive topics are mentioned briefly

Would you rather be a hero or a villain?

Becoming a hero would mean that you are willing to serve the world and society by protecting those who cannot defend themselves in the danger of villains and natural disasters. It would mean that years and years of training would be worth it when there's fame, glory and money in the end. A hero is a concept that exudes perfection and excellence.

But in reality, not even heroes are
perfect.

Being a hero would have its downfall. The fear of being a sidekick and never have a chance of owning an agency of their own. The pressure to keep up their work just to still be placed in the limelight and be popular to keep a rank. The pressure to keep on making critical decisions in the last minute that could risk lives. The intense suffering one has felt when lives were perished from a failed mission. The scrutiny and judgement from the public when one wrong move or word is seen.

Being a hero had more downfalls, really.

But what about being a villain?

Sure, you'll be the bane of society and even the world. You're like this hired birthday clown that the birthday boy would be scared shitless of. But, no one would really care about you, either way.  You're free to do what you want with the perspective that you're the good guy.

When becoming a villain, you'd be feared by all, both by civilians and heroes. More superior to what you used to be. Capable of doing anything as long you can get away and don't get caught.

The thrill of it all, to destroy the hero physically, mentally and what they believe in. The thrill and satisfaction you would feel that with just enough manpower, you could destroy society.

'The villain defines the hero.' they said.

What would a hero be without a villain? Nothing, of course. It's like, in a way, the world needs villains. How would these so called heroes earn money and fame without villains?

A goose chase if you may, but heroes and villains would exist till eternity, chasing each other to the darkest abyss of the spirit realms.

Complementary they both are to each other, defining one another just as the Yin and Yang creates a balance and regulates the peaceful lives of people, animals and plants alike.

As long as one never ceased to exist, the other would make it a life mission to take the other down which results may vary. A villain is what a hero could be if taken down the wrong path and the hero is what a villain could be if forced in the good path.