36 ━━━ ゚. 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒

Chapter thirty-six
Iris's pov

Chapter thirty-sixIris's pov

"So... how does the story of the wolf brothers and the fox end?"

"They make it to the other side. Be careful." Sean said. I looked at him. "Are you sure..?" I whispered.

Daniel nods. "I got this." He says as he gets out the car.

Flores: "You're safe, Sean and Iris! Just get out of the car, like your brother!"

The cops advance on the three of us. Sean gave a final nod from the car as Daniel powers up, throwing the closest cop back, soon followed by the officer.

Officer: "What the fuck?! FUCK!"

Cop: "SHOOT! SHOOT!"

Cop: "OPEN FIRE!"

Daniel created a sort of... barrier to block the bullets, large enough to protect himself and the car. The gunfire seems to be harmlessly deflected away

Flores: "What the fuck... what are you doing?!"

With a few more strikes, Daniel cleared away the cops and cars in front of them. Turning around, Daniel targets the cops behind them, creating an explosion that throws the cars into the air. With one final push he blows the gate off the border, and all the wreckage to the side and ripping the road apart in the process. Sean opened the passenger door and Daniel gets back in.

"We can go now."

I looked at him with surprise.

"Yeah. Let's go home."

______
SIX YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS AT THE BORDER
______

We finally made it. "Diaz Repair Shop."

While Daniel is reading and looking through Sean's old sketchbook in the back office, i am making some dinner as Sean is working on a car.

I heard some voices in which i figured were Sean and Daniel talking before i went in the garage to see Sean backing away, with his hands up. A thug had been pointing a gun at him. I signaled Daniel by waving my hands around. When he finally saw, he walked through and with an insolent look, throws the lackeys away, leaving the leader confused.

Sean put his arms down as the leader tried to threaten Daniel instead, but Daniel twists his arm back, forcing him to drop the gun. The brothers move together as Daniel lifts the leader up.

Well, until i intervened, grabbing him from the shirt collar behind him, throwing him to the ground, leaving almost everyone with a surprised look, especially Sean and Daniel

his lackeys dragged him away with a hobble. Sean put the gun in a metal briefcase then placed it in a small safe filled with cash.

Daniel walked out back as Sean joins, passing him a beer. Sean gets out cigarette out and with stained hands uses Esteban's lighter. I walk over, bringing a platter of fresh food to relax and eat with them.

"You shouldn't be smoking ya know

"You shouldn't be smoking ya know. That stuff'll kill you." I chuckled, taking a few bites of my food.

"Eh, why not speed up the process. I'm kiddinggg. I'll throw it out." He laughed.

We all spent the afternoon together, eating in front of the beautiful ocean and palm trees. We were finally done running. For good.

• —– ٠ ٠ —– •
Thanks for reading!
All votes, comments, and reads are deeply appreciated! :)

© L0STLAND