Introduction

Welcome, authors, to Write Then & There! 

As much as we'd like to skip any introductions and go straight to the good stuff, first a little background information. For those of you who aren't familiar with the overall concept, this is essentially an eleven to twelve week writing course, designed and formatted to benefit you, the reader, and ultimately you, the writer. Originally hosted as "Write As Rain" by annie1loves1you - or as some may more fondly know as Andi, master of Getting It Done (and also this course's talented graphic designer) - our hope is to help you get those projects in your head down on paper and potentially give you the confidence to put yourself out there as a writer. Whether they're polished words or a messy first draft, our aim is to offer support and help you overcome the hurdles that have kept you from writing before now.

Trust us - we are both well acquainted with such hurdles.

But who is "us?" Great question! Since Andi has taken a break from hosting, we - those ambiguous disembodied voices right now - have asked to take on this great concept and run it in their place.

The first of the two is Levi, also known as Shoemaker-Levy9. Levi will read pretty much anything under the sun and is a self-proclaimed professional cheerleader when it comes to motivating others. Whether this is true or not is still up for debate but nevertheless, he still tries. On top of being a physics major with a concentration in astronomy, he's hosted numerous writing competitions on the platform with multiple collaborations with other writers. His preferred genres include sci-fi, general fiction, and the dead genre that happens to be dystopian. Writing to expect from him usually falls under the classification of general fiction or sci-fi and he hopes to complete something through this writing course, same as everyone else.

The other host is Seth, found at SethWaylin. Seth is studying forensic science with a focus in biology, and he's a big phat nerd about it so if you ever need to know how a body decomposes under certain conditions or how fingerprints work, he will gladly entertain you. His favorite genres to read are psychological thrillers, realistic fiction, and generally anything with a juicy atmosphere (and also zombies). His writing interests generally fall along the same lines, and he's finished the first draft to one (1) novel, a paranormal murder mystery. The same one submitted to the first "Write As Rain," too, and he's convinced completion wouldn't have happened without it.

Hopefully, you'll get the chance to know us and our projects better as the course goes on, and we'll release our own forms alongside yours when the time comes since, well, how can we expect you to keep up if we can't either? We'll all be benefiting from this course, friends.

More information on what this course will entail, exactly, will come in the following posts. Stay tuned and be sure to share this course with your friends! We want as many people who might be interested in this to know about it, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that you're more likely to stay on track with a writing buddy. Spread the word!