Chapter Two

"Kyungsoo, open the door, come on

"Kyungsoo, open the door, come on." I twisted the door knob and pushed the door, but it was locked from the inside. The moment Kris handed me the invitation card to attend a party hosted by the health minister's son, I immediately visualised Kyungsoo stabbing my throat with a ball point pen.

We all have our weaknesses and Kyungsoo is no exception. Despite being an A+ assassin and an extremely sneaky agent, Kyungsoo was, well, shy. He couldn't say a polite 'Nice to meet you too' without sweat popping up on his forehead, his ears turning red and a stammer lacing through his words. It took Kyungsoo really long to become comfortable around the members of Unit: EXO. Introductions to new and important people gave him nightmares, so Kris usually avoided taking him along for meetings at the NIS headquarters.

A formal party where we would have to talk to the guests was enough to send him running for the hills where he would probably hang himself in a cabin.

"I didn't decide this. Kris gave it to us because we failed the mission." I yelled against the door, but there was no response. "I'll do most of the talking, I promise. You can just be there beside me, if you want." I suggested. Kris wouldn't consider this assignment completed if Kyungsoo didn't come along. I used my fist to hit the door again. Suddenly, there was a click from the other side and the door opened a fraction.

. . . . . .

"I'll leave if someone tries to talk to me." Kyungsoo mumbled beside me and I nodded. "I'll leave if anyone touches me unnecessarily." Kyungsoo added. "I'll not even enter the hall if someone-"

"Stab them in the eye if they do anything you don't like." I suggested.

The main hall was all golden and white, a chandelier broader than Sehun's shoulders hung in the center, strange statues of naked people in the middle of a fountain and royal blue carpet covered the floor. I couldn't believe someone got paid to decorate this place.

"Do we need to talk to anyone?" Kyungsoo asked as he surveyed the room.

I shook my head. "Just listen. Also, Kris told me to tell you. Two important rules: don't drink alcohol and don't give away any information." I smiled at Kyungsoo. "That means no speaking to strangers."

"Thank fuck." Kyungsoo let out a relieved sigh.

I looked around the hall and soon enough, spotted someone interesting. "See that?" I stood in front of Kyungsoo, my back facing the direction I pointed out. "The one in the grey suit. The one everyone keeps trying to talk to, he's our man." I whispered, covering my lips with the silver glass between my fingers. A polite smile was etched on Kyungsoo's face as we pretended to have a regular conversation.

"What should I do?" Kyungsoo asked which referred to something along the lines of killing or kidnapping.

"Nothing, for today. Just listen to his conversations and don't be obvious. See if you can get something useful about RedSnow Inc." I explained.