Chapter 2

Cheryl POV:
I walked with my head turned away from the popular kid table. I was walking to the pizza line when Josie walked towards me. " You don't need any more food. You're already fat!" Josie said smiling devilishly. A tear rolled down my cheek. " Aww! Do you need your mommy?" Josie asked with a pouty face. I ran to the bathroom to get away from everybody. I slammed the door shut and cried for the whole lunch period.

Toni POV:
I walked into the bathroom to fix my hair, when I heard crying from one of the stalls. I knocked and said in a gentle voice, " Hey, what's wrong?" They didn't say anything. "Can I come in?" I said with a soft tone. "Y-yes." They said sobbing. They unlocked the door and I saw the redhead from earlier. " Oh, i-its you a-again." The redhead said. I stuck out my hand to help her up and once she was up i asked, "What's wrong?" The redhead said, " I-its Josie. She s-said I was f-fat." I felt terrible for the redhead. I pulled her into a warm hug. "Thank y-you." The redhead said wiping her tears away. " You are not fat. You don't listen to Josie. She probably bullies you because she is jealous of you." I said reassuringly. "Really? You think so?" The redhead said. " Yes, I mean it." I said. "What's your name?" The redhead asked. "Toni Topaz." I said. "What's your name?" I asked. "Cheryl Blossom." The redhead said. "Well then Cheryl, how about I give you my number and if you ever need anything you text me." I said. "Ok, thank you." Cheryl said. We exchanged numbers and I walked her to her next class.

I walked into my class and there was Josie and Veronica. I rolled my eyes and sat in the back. Josie said to Veronica, " Cheryl is a fat lonely nerd that will never have any friends." I stood up and walked over to them. " What do you want, Pinky?" Josie said. " Why do you bully Cheryl?" I said getting into her face. I heard her swallow and she said," Umm... what is it to you?"  I said, "Well, Cheryl is my friend and your just a preppy bitch who is actually miserable and picks on people that are better than her." I walked back to my desk and I could see Josie sweating. I laughed at the nervous vixen. I took my phone out and texted Cheryl." Are you ok?" A few minutes later, Cheryl responded with, " Not really." I asked her, " Why?" She replied with," Everyone is laughing at me because my eyes are puffy from crying. I thought to myself why are people so mean to the poor redhead. I texted her," Don't pay attention to them, also do you want to go to Pop's after school?" The redhead replied with a smiley face. I layed my phone down and tried to pay attention, but the redhead couldn't leave my mind.