Chapter 3

Cheryl POV:
I was heading to my car in the parking lot getting ready to go to Pop's, when I heard Josie's voice. I panicked and ran to my car. As I was opening the car door, Josie grabbed my arm. She turned around and slapped me. Tears rolled down my cheek as I felt the stinging on my face. I opened my car door and just cried. Josie was punching my window and I just drove off. I arrived to Pop's with puffy eyes. I wiped my tears and walked to a booth. I looked at the menu when Toni walked in.

Toni POV:
I walked into Pop's and saw Cheryl. Her eyes were puffy and she was looking at the menu. I walked up to her and said, "Cheryl, what's wrong?" "N-nothing." Cheryl said. I looked at her with worry in my eyes. She put her menu down and said, " J-josie slapped m-me." My eyes widened and I moved next to her. I gave her a hug and she looked up and said," Why are you being so nice to me?" I said tearing up, " Because I used to get bullied and I was thinking about.... k-killing myself." I said breaking down. Cheryl comforted me and then I moved back to my side of the booth. "So, if you don't mind me asking, how long has Josie bullied you?" I said. "Umm.... since freshman year." Cheryl said. "Oh, I'm so sorry." I said with a reassuring smile. We just talked for 10 more minutes when the door bell rang. I turned around and saw Josie and Veronica. Cheryl's face dropped and she looked at her lap. I moved over beside her and hugged her. " Awww... look at the nasty gays." Josie said with a disgusted face. I stood up and got in her face. " Josie, I don't care that you came here, but DO NOT insult Cheryl. You can insult me all you want but stay away from Cheryl!" I yelled. I looked back at Cheryl who had her face covered. I walked over to her and stuck out my hand. She took it hesitantly and we walked out of the diner.

Cheryl POV:
We walked out of the diner and Toni was holding my hand. I was getting really nervous but I don't know why. " Thank you for standing up for me." I said. " No problem. It just bothers me when preppy people act so high and mighty." I said annoyed. I gave her a hug and we just hugged for like 30 seconds before I let go. " Well, see you tomorrow." Toni said. " See you tomorrow." I said. I got in my car and squealed with happiness. This was the best day of my life and I actually have a friend. I drove home with a smile on my face. When I opened the door, my dad was standing there furious. " Cheryl, you were supposed to be home 5 minutes ago!" My father yelled. I whimpered in fear. He grabbed my arm and took me to the basement. He gave me a piece of sandpaper. I looked at him confused. " Rub it on your skin as fast as you can!" He screamed. I whimpered and started doing it. My skin started rubbing off and I cried out in pain. He picked me up and dragged me upstairs. He threw me in my room and I tried to go to sleep but I couldn't stop crying. I looked at my arm and the skin was peeling and it was very red. I decided to text Toni. I said," I can't go to sleep." I got an instant reply of " Why?" I decided that i will tell her. I said, " When I got home, my dad dragged me to the basement and made me rub sandpaper on my arm." I started crying from the thought of it all. She replied with a " I'm sooo sorry, would you like to stay over at my house?" My eyes widened at the offer. " I would love to, but I don't want to impose." I said. " Noo, its 100% fine." Toni said. I crapped my backpack and put an outfit for tomorrow in it. I crept downstairs and drove to Toni's.