Rouge Attack-39

Chapter 39
Layla's POV
Saturday

I had woken up already knowing today would be a bad day. If only I knew the extent.

I woke up with Ryder next to me already awake. It looked like he was looking off into space thinking about something that was worrying him.

I moved closer to him snapping him out of his head and whispering a good morning to him.

He rapped his arms tighter around me kissing the top of my head and saying morning back.

We laid for a little before Ryder told me we would be going to the pack house. I didn't ask why. Maybe if I did thinks would have turned out differently but I just nodded and got ready to leave.

It wasn't till an hour or so after we had gotten to the pack house did things start going downhill fast like an avalanche.

"ALPHA!" A guard yelled running into the house. "Rouges." Was all he said.

"How many?" I asked getting nervous. "A lot. To many to count." He said.

"What do we do Alpha?" He asked Ryder.

Ryder answered immediately saying. "Alert everyone who is capable of fighting. Send 20 people to gather the Elders and Pups into the pack house in the basement. Everyone else fight off Rouges away from pack house. Push them to the boards."

It was a simple plan but it also sounded effective.

The guard nodded and started mind linking people.

"Ask Betas who to put on gathering team and how to split the fighters." Ryder said.

He then turned to another pack member in the room and asked him to link the betas and the male third to meet here.

I was slightly stunned. I didn't think the Rouges would actually attack to get me, but here we are.

What if people get hurt? It's all my fault.

I looked to Ryder with sad eyes and I could tell Ryder was in my head reading the thoughts I just had.

"Everyone will be fine. Rouges aren't as strong as we are. We just need to stay calm." He told me placing a hand on my face calming me.

I nodded my head wishing for everyone's safety.

Soon Jace, Jess, and Luke came into the room. We all talked about groupings and where to place them trying to make a decision before the Rouges got here. Red claws land is very large and it would take a hour to cross through it.

Once everything was decided the boys started moving to leave.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"We are going to fight. We are the strongest and we need to help." Have answered.

"I can help too." I said standing up.

"No." Ryder said moving me back down into my seat. "They are after you. If you are out in the open they will all gang up on you. If they weren't after you I would let you but it isn't smart for you to be out in the open right now Layla."

I huffed knowing he was right.

"I will stay with her." Jess said. "Emma is in the basement with everyone else. You guys should go down there too." Jace said.

We nodded our head. The boys moved to leave again this time with me and Jess yelling at them to be safe.

I could feel the nerves in me spike and the fear to creep in my head. I made sure to focus on what Ryder is thinking and feeling as we waited to move downstairs.

We looked out the window to see wolfs fighting in the distance.

"Come on Layla. We got to move." Jess said.

We heard a crash like a window breaking as we moved down the stairs.

We moved slowly looking over the corners before going around. We got down to the main level and we were so close to the basement door when Rouges popped in front of us.

There was one that wasn't shifted and three others who were.

Jess looked at me as I was about to shift and fight but she stopped me. "If you shift they will attack before you can shift fully."

I stopped and looked and the man standing in front of us.

"Smart." Was all he said before someone behind Jess hit her on the head with a lamp or something knocking her out.

I turned quickly around to see the messenger from before. I was surrounded.

"Where's your brave Alpha to protect you now?" He asked mockingly.

I growled at him and punched him in the face knocking him back making the wolves behind me growl as well.

"Luna." The man I couldn't really see called. I looked at him still angry.

"Why go straight to violence when we could work out an agreement?" He asked catching me off guard.

I looked at him confused and waited for what he was going to say next.

"If you come with us we will leave. Simple as that." He said.

"I don't believe you. You will just take me and continue to attack any way." I said making him smirk.

"Even though that does sound like a good idea I won't. If you agree I will send my wolves away right away." He said.

I was still hesitant. I looked out the big window at the front of the house to see all the wolves. I couldn't tell who was who but I could tell it was a lot.

I looked back to the man in the shadows for a second. I looked back at the fight and nodded my head slowly.

"Send them away." I stated. The man whistled loudly making me cover my ears. I watched as the wolves ran back into the woods with the pack on their tales chasing them out.

"Now." Was all I heard before a pain hit the top of my head and I was out.

I know what I did might be stupid but I couldn't let the pack, the people who excepted me get hurt for what ever reason.

Author's Notes:
Do you think Layla choose the right thing to do? Would you choose to do the same thing? If not what would you have done?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|