Dark Hour

Nighttime. A few more minutes until Dark Hour will come. Kotone quietly studied in her room, listened to music, and waited until the Dark Hour came. She didn't know why, but something felt different again.

Maybe because Mitsuru was not happy with Makoto's answer. Seeing the older female frown in disappointment was not a good thing for Kotone.

Kotone's thoughts were cut off as her desk and the whole world around her changed colors. She took her headphones off and set the pen down with a sigh.

"Is something wrong? You don't let out a sigh that often." a young voice asked her with worry. Kotone turned around and saw Pharos sitting on her bed once more with his usual smile.

"Things have been... a little bit overwhelming." Kotone replied to the boy with her own smile.

"It's about that blue-haired boy, right?" Pharos asked another question and Kotone nodded. She didn't know if Pharos guessed randomly or if he already knew her problems.

"He is a special boy, after all." Pharos continued with a chuckle and Kotone snapped at his words.

"You know him?" she asked quickly and her eyes widened when the younger boy nodded.

"But that was a long time ago and a story for another time. The others are already waiting for you." and just like Pharos had said, somebody knocked on her door. Kotone's attention turned to the door for a few seconds and that few seconds was enough for Pharos to disappear.

"We will meet again, Kotone." she heard Pharos' voice echo in her room one last time before his presence had completely disappeared.

Kotone frowned as her questions were left unanswered. She was very patient but just like others, she did have her limits.

The knocks on her door did not help her at all either.

"Coming!" she said with a much louder voice than she usually spoke with. I guess the stress was finally getting to her.

=====

"If I remember correctly, isn't Tartarus from Greek mythology?" Mash asked curiously while trying to remember the books she had read in the past.

"I don't know anything about Tartar sauce but I at least know that I want a beautiful knight like you." Junpei commented with a proud look but was smacked on his head by Yukari.

Mash couldn't help but hide behind the big shield in her hand. It was a big surprise for them all when Mash's outfit changed into her Servant outfit the moment Dark Hour appeared.

A simple half-truth of not knowing why this happens was all it took to have SEES believe them.

"Enemy signals! To your right!" Fuuka informed them all quickly and the SEES members grabbed hold of their weapons, some of them holding Evokers.

"Leader, what should we do?" Yukari asked Kotone but didn't get a reply from her which got the bow user confused.

"Leader?" Yukari glanced at Kotone and saw her staring outside the window. Right at the place where the moon should have been.

"Something feels wrong..." Kotone muttered as she kept staring at the sky.

"Shiomi, wake up! Shadow is coming!" Mitsuru ordered and Kotone stopped her sky gazing. The naginata in Kotone's hand was pointed in the direction where the enemy was coming.

"Closing in... 3... 2... 1... Now!" Fuuka shouted and a male figure rolled in front of them. The said figure stood up and rubbed his head in pain.

"Just where in Zeus is Heracles when you need him... And those twins left me alone to die! Their commander!" the male shouted in anger and his eyes landed on the group.