The time

The time had come for Sheridan. The last week of exams passed and grades were out, she had nothing left to distract herself with. Her last days in Washington she spent mulling over her thoughts, packing and re packing trying to think of everything she could possibly need for her 4 month adventure. Carlisle kept his distance when they were home together, letting Sheridan have her last few days of alone time as a human. He learned quickly that Sheridan often enjoyed her alone time, she didn't mind sitting in the living room while he worked in his office for hours, or she'd stay in bed all day while he busied himself with yard work. It was a nice balance.

"We have a couple hours here, do you want to get a drink?" Berlin airport was busy.

"Please, there is the VIP lounge upstairs." The couple weren't members of the VIP program but there was very few places Sheridan couldn't get into with her diplomatic passport still. Carlisle didn't realize that even though she stepped down she was still a diplomat and now he was to. He didn't like using the bright red passport, it drew plenty of attention and questions his way. Being an American with a passport saying he was born in America didn't make sense for the Russian Diplomacy.

"You'll still be in Italy when I wake up right?" Getting time off work had been an issue for Carlisle, but he made it work telling the board that he had to go back to Russia for a confidential matter. The title did have its perks.

"I'm there for the week so we'll have a few days together. I'll be staying for 2 weeks in July as well. My brothers I'm sure will keep you busy, you won't even notice the time passing." Carlisle was quite nervous for Sheridan, she had decided she couldn't prepare anymore for the possibility for forgetting her entire life and she also came to terms with letting go of the small things she loves. Last night was the last time she would go to sleep, she'd never have that tired feeling or be able to take a nap on a Sunday afternoon with the sun warming her up on the sofa. Sheridan laughed after realizing how often she thought about missing sleeping.

     "It's a shame that we won't get to tour the sunny places again. I never made it to Asia."

     "I promise you'll see everything you could possibly want to see." Carlisle said it so passively Sheridan had to stare at him to realize he genuinely meant it. Carlisle didn't mean to be absent during the conversation but his mind was occupied my the coming events. Sheridan chit chatted casually already reminding Carlisle of the list of things that need to be taken care of at home. Mainly it was watering the indoor plants, Carlisle spent a lot of time watering the grass and outdoor plants. Sheridan never pegged Carlisle as a lawn care guy but turns out he liked sitting and watching the grass grow. Not literally but Sheridan always joked that's how he spent his time outside.

     The flight was crowded even in the business class section. Sheridan was quite irritated that they only had business class on the small flight. The stewardess did their best to accommodate to the picky couple but it didn't fix Sheridan's sour mood.

     "You could have been more friendly, they were awfully nice to you." Carlisle teased his wife who still wore an irritated expression. Customs went by quickly and Sheridan's newly assigned guard was already waiting for them at luggage claim. Sheridan was surprised that they already had their luggage, how they knew which was theirs she had no clue.

     "Master Carlisle, Lady Sheridan I have been assigned to Lady Sheridan's guard during her time with us. I am Afton and this is Santiago." Carlisle assessed them from behind Sheridan who shook each of their hands. Carlisle didn't say anything just watched as they made it to the car. Both men were outrageously polite, each helping Sheridan in to the car, constantly asking if she was comfortable and carrying all of her bags and now the jacket she discarded. Part of Carlisle was happy Sheridan wouldn't have a hard time adjusting to her newly found status another part still disliked how people waited hand and foot on him. It didn't feel right but his opinion would not change his brothers.