Chapter I

Remus drank his glass of room temperature milk as he sat in the kitchen of the dark side. He was always the first one awake, waiting for Janus and Anxiety to follow suit.

It was a rainy morning, he could hear water pound the roof. Typical, but he wished it was blood. Then walked in Janus, who was swift to get a fruit smoothie from the fridge and start drinking from the straw.

"Hey J. Anus, how are you?" Remus asked taking a bite from the raw liver he ate. Janus was used to Remus's cannibalistic tastes at this point, so he was unfazed by it and the horrible nickname he was given.

"I'm doing absolutely extraordinary, your kind names alway bring joy." Janus said with a deadpan tone. He still sat beside Remus anyways. Remus could finally see some of Janus's snake skin that was slightly wrinkled and peeling off

"Oh, it must be shedding time, huh? Can I eat it off?" Remus asked excitedly, the liver wasn't as tasty as Janus's skin.

"You two make me wanna move out." Anxiety said from the doorway holding a can of monster in his hand. He looked more tired than a mourning ghost.

"Welp, you won't! Say, how is it manipulating the others?" Remus asks biting an eyeball before turning back to the liver.

"Same as usual, they don't suspect a thing." Anxiety smirked sitting on the table sipping his monster.

The morning continued with small talk, until Remus had an idea pop into his head.

"What if the world we knew was a dream?" Janus looked at Remus confused as Remus spoke.

"A dream? What don't you mean? This isn't real life." Janus asked.

"No, I mean what if everything we've ever known was fake? What if we're unaware of our unreal reality," Remus explained, the thought stayed in his head like a knife in a chest.

"Remus. That sounds exactly like something I have said before. Maybe I'll make Thomas think about it for me." Anxiety said with a smirk drinking his monster.

Silence fell over the three, they continued their breakfast quietly. Janus was the first to leave, peeling at skin. Then Remus walked to his room to jot down these weird thoughts. Something was weird, but he couldn't explain it.

Anxiety decided to walk over to the light side of the mind to mess with everyone a little. As he walked in, he suddenly bumped into someone making both of them fall. The two rose and stared at each other with wide eyes.

...Virgil was starting at Anxiety