𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

as soon as the lights in the venue went off, lathan's fans started chanting his rap name. moments later, lights and smoke appeared on the stage, and their chants and screams became louder. damn, i missed this feeling. i used to go to concerts when i was in the 'punkrock' stage.

royce first came on the stage, and of course, eli got her phone up and wildly screaming his name. after he checked his set up, the beat from lathan's song 'boof pack' began and not so long after, lathan came running out the backstage. he was jumping up and down while singing. is this dude on crack or sumn? he got wild energy damn. his vibes is fucking contagious, i was already singing and dancing along with the crowd.

a few songs later, one of my favorite song of his started, it was called 'greet her' and eli told me that he'll get a girl to go up the stage during this part.

and eli was right. a girl about our age went up and sat on the stool on the middle of the stage. after lathan gave her a stem of rose and the necklace, he began singing. not gonna lie, i was honestly expecting him to choose me as his greet her girl but of course, real fans deserve it more. the difference between tonight's greet her and his previous ones is that he didn't touch the girl and didn't look at her long. he has his friendly aura on instead of his flirty one.

"i really expected him to choose you as his greet her girl." eli looked at me. i just shrugged and continued singing along to his songs.

multiple winks from lathan later, his show is finally ending, it was a great experience, it was actually my 'rap' concert since most of my concerts are punk rock and one from one direction.

"so uh... this was supposed to be my last song but i wanna add anotha one." lathan started. "this is for the lil shawty who fucking vibed with me the first day we met." he started walking towards my direction. when he was in front of me, he offered his hand. the bouncers let me through the barricade and gave me a chair to step on to, to get up the stage.

"bro what the fuck." i said to lathan. he just laughed and lead me to the middle, where there's a chair waiting for me. this is so fucking embarassing. how do i act? do i sing along? what if there's a song i didn't listen to? fuck i wasn't ready for this typa shit.

"relax, shawty. just don't look at the crowd too much." as soon as lathan said that, i turned my gaze towards the crowd and goshdamn, there were like thousands of 'em. i started panicking slightly, i'm not really good with stages and crowds. "hey, hey, just focus on me okay?" i just nodded. "look me in the eyes babygirl."

i just kept my eyes on his as he pulled out a chain, out of his pockets. it was the playboy chain i wanted, but i was broke after i maxed my money on brandy. the beat started and he went behind me to put the chain on. he started singing So Bad. he kept his eyes on as he sing.

"im tired of these hoes that want me so perfect
Girl you different, now
Swear you so damn perfect, yeah"

my breath hitched as he sang this part, my heart was pounding so fast, it was an unusual feeling. it was scary, but i fucking love it. do i like lathan? but we only knew each other for a few days. i fucking don't know. fuck. but one thing's fosho, i'm more than willing to take risks for him.

the song ended and the lights went off, i felt lathan guide me towards the backstage.

"thanks for picking me, lathan." i said genuinely as we reached this spot backstage where there were couches and food. i hugged him as a thank you but he also wrapped his arms around me and the hug went on longer.

"AW, YOU GUYS ARE THE CUTEST!" we broke the hug and looked at the person who said that.

"heya, i'm jay. this is midget and suave." all of em offered their hands in a polite manner. are they lathan's friends? they all fine as fuck. "you're ren right? the others are still outside but they can't wait to meet the shawty mosey's been talkin 'bout non stop."

"fo real bro, no stops, no breaks." the guy named suave said.

i just laughed and had a small talk with them while waiting for eli and royce. lathan was beside me, silently listening to our conversations.

"where ya gon stay after the hotel?" jay asked.

"ion really know but i got a budget for cheap apartments. studio type will do." i answered. i researched beforehand and earned money enough for a luxurious apartment but of course, i don't know what'll happen in the near future so i must save as much as i can.

"do you have any plans tomorrow? you down to go apartment hunting?" lathan suddenly spoke, after minutes of peacefulness.

"aight! my boi makin moves!" one of them said and laughed.

i gave him a genuine smile. "yea sure just update me if you're ready to go aight? thanks, lathan."

"i'll help. i know some apartments around here, i'll just text you the address." i gave the three of them my number. all of them are a huge help for me, and i'm fucking thankful for that. gosh, what did i do to be lucky?

"aight, we gon go man, we arranged dinner tonight. see y'all at the hotel?" lathan said as he stood up.

"oh, dinner with who?" i asked curiously.

"duh, with you shawty. didn't you read my texts?"

i stood up and dapped his friends up before following lathan outside. when we reached the parking lot, i felt uneasy, like somebody was staring at me. i decided to shrug that feeling off and went inside the car.

"is royce and eli gon be with us?" i asked as i put the seatbelt on.

"nah." i looked at him. i feel like something's bothering him. "whatchu wanna eat?"

"i think i want burgers. oh, and fries."

"thank goodness. i thought you were one of those girls who always don't know what to eat." he laughed a hearty laugh. "aight, burgers it is.

moments later, we reached a drive-thru of in-n-out. it was my first time going here, and i always see this on shirts and tumblr posts. we don't have in-n-out in my old country.

"i really don't know what to order so order for me?" lathan smiled and just nodded. why is he being soft to me whenever we're alome together? he ain't that gang shit dude in his songs.