𝖘𝖎𝖝

"this has two bedrooms, balcony, open floor and a common toilet and bath. this unit also has space for you to do your laundry, and this is the perfect unit that suits your budget."

lathan picked me up the day after his concert, as he promised. this is our second day in apartment hunting, we started the hunt at around ten in the morning, took a break for lunch, and now it's already 2:30, and this is the fourth and last apartment on my list for this day, and lathan and i spent yesterday and today together, as minutes pass with him, i started to get to know him more. all of the units are nice looking and fit for my budget but there's something wrong with these apartments, not like wrong wrong, but sad wrong.

"thank you so much, i will let you know if i'll get this unit." i told the person touring us as she guided us out the door.

"it has been a long day babygirl. you ready for our last stop?" lathan asked when we reached his car.

"i thought this was our last apartment?" i asked.

"yea, but i feel that you're not satisfied with the apartments i showed ya."

guilt rushed over me when i heard what he said. it's like i wasted two days of his life apartment hunting, and i won't rent any of the units he showed me because of my fucking pickiness.

"i'm sorry, lathan." i said in a small voice, feeling legitimately guilty.

"hell nah, baby. what you sorry for?" lathan held my hand and brushed his hands through my hair.

"i'm being a selfish bitch, i just wasted your time for nothing." i said.

"that's why we're going to another apartment. i just hope you like this one tho." i just nodded and he started his car and drove off.

"who the fuck lives here? this unit is hella messy man." i told mosey as i ran my hands through the counter top of the kitchen. this unit has potential, it has lots of open space BUT it's fucking dirty. i roamed around and it's really spacious, it got three rooms but one room has stuff in it, like someone is currently living there, and also got a loft which serves as the second floor, and a first floor, underneath the living and kitchen area, where the rooms are located. the kitchen is also fucking messy, food boxes everywhere goshdamn. the living only got a flatscreen tv and a beanbag, wires from the ps4 and the tv is everywhere, making the unit look more messy.

"uh, me?" lathan answer in a question tone, scratching the back of his neck.

fuck man, i fucked it up again fucking hell.

"oh." thats all i got to say.

"i brought you here since i live alone and i got an extra room, so maybe you know?" lathan said as he tries to put some garbage away, as if it's gonna change anything.

"i know what?"

"you know, like live together, that type of shiii." he was now looking at me directly, like trying to convince me to say yes.

is moving in with a stranger a great idea? hell no. will i say yes to this stranger? hell to the fucking yes. we only live once, might as well live it to the fullest with no regrets.

"are you sure? you won't have no privacy once i move in." i told him. "no hoes and shit." just thinking of him bringing home hoes make my heart fucking ache.

"of course shawty. and i got no hoes, man. watchu talkin 'bout?" he laughed. "so it's a yes?"

"yes. but we need to talk about the rent. let's split it in half? and let's go furniture shopping if it's alright? also, our food plan. we can't just get shit from fast foods all the time, it ain't healthy. when can i move in?" i asked, so that i won't have to pay extra for the hotel. that is hella expensive and i don't even have a job yet.

"tonight?" he answered. he looks so confident when he answered but his tone is so unsure. damn boo pick a struggle.

"are you really sure about this lathan?"

"yes shawty, and ion want you living in those apartments earlier, you look hella sad looking at 'em." he said. "and you might get depressed living alone in an unfamiliar place. mental health comes first always."

"thank you, lathan. so fucking much." i hugged him, my hands around his waist, head on his chest, not expecting that he will hug me back.

"thank you too, baby." i've gotten used to his sweet words, thinking that he's also like that with his other girl friends.

i broke the hug and looked around one more time. "let's go get our stuff from the hotel?"

he nodded, grabbed his keys and went out, not looking at me nor said something. just nodded and went out.

the fuck is his problem? maybe he's already hungry? i made a mental note to cook him dinner when we get back.

i locked the door behind me and followed lathan to the parking lot. boi didn't even wait for me, he already started the car when i reached the parking lot.

"are you mad?" i asked bluntly.

"no." he answered

"are you sure?" i asked again.

"yeah."

"did i do something wrong?"

"nah." he answered, not looking at me.

"then why the fuck are you like that?"

"like what?"

"like a bitch, my dude." i answered, trying to control my temper.

"i'm not." he answered, eyes still on the road.

"okay." i gave up. i won't bother him while he's driving.

he glanced at me and sighed when i stopped asking him questions. i just kept my face straight and didn't look at him.

"hey, why are you ignoring me." i heard him say, "what's the matter?"

i looked at him confused when he suddenly stopped his car at the side of the road.

"why'd you stop?" i asked.

"so now you're talking to me huh?" he looked at me and held my hand. "i acted like that because..." he avoided eye contact and whispered something.

"because what?"

"nothing." he was about to drive away when he heard me shout.

"BECAUSE WHAT, MOSEY?"

"okay! damn woman, chill." he said, eyes wide, hands up.

"okay. speak." i tried to look him in the eyes but he still avoided it. fine, if that's what he wants.

"i got a fucking boner from the hug, man. i'm sorry." he said quickly and scratched the back of his head.

oh. i don't know how to respond, i never made a dude hard before. but it's normal right? the most important part is he didn't take advantage of me.

"it's okay lathan, no need to apologize. it's normal, it's just a body reaction." i smiled at him, assuring him that it's okay and not his fault. he just nodded and made our way to the hotel, his left hand on the steering wheel and the other gripping my thigh.